Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Ep 7 - early Movie news

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    How does Disney have the $$$ to throw around? They've acquired Pixar (kind of), Marvel and now Lucasarts.
    Don't know if I heard correctly, they bought the rights for $4B.

Oh for the love of God...

The only thing approaching being considered good news (or not abysmal news really) coming out of this is a rumour that they're after Timothy Zahn to do the writing.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Oh for the love of God...

The only thing approaching being considered good news (or not abysmal news really) coming out of this is a rumour that they're after Timothy Zahn to do the writing.
    Yeah that would be good I suppose, but I can't see how they could make 3 more movies with the standard lineup. They're just too old. Harrison is 70, Carrie is 56 and Mark is 61 (Yes I am aware of how old Christopher Lee is but he was not the main character of the movies). They are way too old to be thrown into a sequel trilogy. I reckon they're gonna have to recast the characters, or focus the story around a different set of protagonists. And in either of those cases, the fandom will rage as hard As it can…

But I see it as a chance to go in a new direction with the franchise and I hope it is awesome.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Carrie Fisher looks and sounds a lot older than that too (I went to her live show when it came to Perth two years back)

Mark Hamill ‏@HamillHimself
    Congratulations to George for today's mega-deal! Can't comment on Ep 7 before I have all the facts which are short supply right now-Patience
    Get lost Mark.

Is this even real life?

Just for the laughs, I'd love to see someone finance an episode 7 with the main cast in it!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Oh my god, the reactions to this news are pathetic (and I mean everywhere). Nothing changed for Marvel except the Avengers DVD has a Disney logo on it.

This will be the same damn thing. (Just like the reactions has the same damn complaints and the same damn jokes herpaderp mickey will be a jedi lolz).

I'm personally very excited, and would love to see a Star Wars movie direct by Brad Bird with Zahn writing. People complain Lucas needs to let go, and then when he does... he truly is the Hollywood definition of "can't win".

I made these a few years ago for a photoshopping thread elsewhere... lol

On that note i'd be keen to see Hamil as long as he played it out like he did in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back!

Princess Leia is about 50 kg heavier than that now...

If they're going to use the original cast, it would actually make sense for them to set it after the expanded universe sequels, or toward the end. We'd miss stuff like the Vong Wars, but we could see the Star Wars universe as the New Republic is really taking off. Or they could just skip all that and go far far into the future with Cade Skywalker or even further than that.

Although... if they're actually going to call the new movies Episodes VII, VIII and IX, then I'd expect them to be direct sequels to the original trilogy - doesn't have to be straight after (Episode III occurs a good 20 years before Episode IV), but it should be directly linked somehow... because calling it Episode-- implies that it's a continuation of that same Star Wars saga, as opposed to being a new or different saga. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Don't know if I heard correctly, they bought the rights for $4B.
    They can make starwars-land and make a huge profit... imagine the rides, the toys they can sell, etc..... strom troopers walking around, etc

According to the books, Starwars 7-9 will about their kids, so it will be totally new, maybe the existing cast will do a cameo somewhere as other characters.