Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Ep 7 - early Movie news

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    everything gok said
    Way to hijack a thread about NOT looking at trailers.....

And from now on, never mention the EU again please.... Disney scrapped EVERYTHING!!!!!! Nothing is canon anymore :-(

I'm reserving my excitement. This was roughly the same level of hype that surrounded the prequels and I'm not going to build up my expectation only to be disappointed again by horrible scripting.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post

And from now on, never mention the EU again please.... Disney scrapped EVERYTHING!!!!!! Nothing is canon anymore :-(
    Then perhaps rename the thread to that and not simply Episode 7

Agree with Gok, regarding the EU, yep, has been scrapped, though I'm sure they'll use some of it for at least aesthetics reasons instead of story.

There was some leaked concept art, I wont post it, but the wielder of the new lightsaber looks suspiciously like Darth Revan. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Oops. It was late at night (nearly 01:00 my time) and I just did a quick search for the most relevant thread, and this came up. I have edited my last post to include a teaser spoiler warning.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 30th November 2014 at 11:08 AM.

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So the word from disney is that all EU is now 'legends' or 'what if' kind of sucks in a way. There goes my 90's involvement in the universe

The trailer.....hmmmm......ummmm. I dug the xwings skimming across the water really dug that. And the Falcon. What a glorious shot. So old school with Ties chasing, shooting lasers.....oh crap. I'm in. I just got really excited!!!!

I thought it was a comedy/parody at first, but it's actually the real deal. Looks pretty serious, I hope it's in line with the feel of the OT.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Looking better than 1-2-3

It's easy to criticise the prequels in hindsight... I don't know about the rest of you, but in 1998 I was PUMPED to watch Episode I! The only thing I was skeptical on was the casting of Ewan MacGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi, because at the time the only other movie I'd seen him in was Trainspotting, and I couldn't imagine Ewan reprising Sir Alec Guiness' role as Kenobi. Thankfully I was proven wrong, and MacGregor played the part fantastically. So the one thing that I was skeptical on, proved to be a good thing, and the stuff that I am critical about now, was stuff that I didn't predict.

I'm just remaining neutral on Ep7; not too hyped (atm), but I'm not being cynical about it either. I'll judge it when I've seen it. I'll be happy if it's as good as Abrams' Trek movies, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    So the word from disney is that all EU is now 'legends' or 'what if' kind of sucks in a way. There goes my 90's involvement in the universe

The trailer.....hmmmm......ummmm. I dug the xwings skimming across the water really dug that. And the Falcon. What a glorious shot. So old school with Ties chasing, shooting lasers.....oh crap. I'm in. I just got really excited!!!!
    Considering most of the EU sucked, I think that it's great. Also they wouldn't have wanted to be constrained by some of the absolutely stupid things some of the writers had done with some characters over the years.

And yes, the trailer was fully awesome
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain