Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Howdy!

Default Howdy!

Hey Guys,

So, well I'm new here as you can tell. Bit of back story: I collected transformers when I was younger. Mainly G2 and Beast Wars stuff. I got as much G1 stuff as I could get my hands on, but it wasn't a lot. Regardless though, was still a couple of hundred figures... which I sold off in my later teen years. I do my best not to regret this *cries a little*.

When the Second Transformers Movie came out (ROTF) I started picking A couple up such as; The Gigantic Devastator, Bumble Bee and a few other dribs and drabs. I Just kept a few of these on a shelve that I couldn't stop looking at every day for a couple of years. I then stumbled into the Reject Shop a few months ago and found 6 Different RTS deluxe class transformers for $10 each and hooked myself.

Since then I got back into collecting and started buying up what I could find locally. And of course a few nice online purchases.

The Road so far:

Image 1
    Image 2
    Image 3

Sorry for the shoty quality, took them with a phone But you'll get the idea.

As for now I'm hunting some Generation, Prime and FOC figures. With a decent chunk on layby at the moment I need to pickup soon.

Look forward to chatting and finding out the goodies this forum has to offer.

Welcome to the boards fellow melbournian and nice collection. Also glad to see your a box keeper after opening your toys.

Hello and welcome! Nice collection you have there. Also that is a pretty hefty telescope you have!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Welcome to the boards !!!
    Glad to see a new Melbourne member
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Tip for opening carded toys: use a hobby knife or box cutter to cut open the bubble. That way you can remove it without ripping the backing card. I wish Hasbro would use taped on removable bubbles like TakaraTOMY does. So much more collector-friendly!

Hey mate.... Welcome to the boards!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Welcome to the boards fellow melbournian and nice collection. Also glad to see your a box keeper after opening your toys.
    Not a chance I'm letting go of those boxes, to special

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Hello and welcome! Nice collection you have there. Also that is a pretty hefty telescope you have!
    Sadly it looks better than it works. Great for looking at the moon though, that's about it

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    Welcome to the boards !!!
    Glad to see a new Melbourne member
    I'm glad to find there are actually others in Melbourne who collect!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Tip for opening carded toys: use a hobby knife or box cutter to cut open the bubble. That way you can remove it without ripping the backing card. I wish Hasbro would use taped on removable bubbles like TakaraTOMY does. So much more collector-friendly!
    There are actually a few that I didn't open for a while. I let them sit in the dustiest place I could find in the house to gather as much dust as they could... and you know what, the outer package just fell right off. I read something about doing this years ago and thought I'd give it a try. I only done it on the ones I had double of. But I'm surprised it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    Hey mate.... Welcome to the boards!

Thank you.

And and Big Thank You! to you all for the warm welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    There are actually a few that I didn't open for a while. I let them sit in the dustiest place I could find in the house to gather as much dust as they could... and you know what, the outer package just fell right off. I read something about doing this years ago and thought I'd give it a try. I only done it on the ones I had double of. But I'm surprised it worked.
    Using a knife might be a faster (and more hygienic) way of opening carded toys IMHO. Wait... you buy everything in double$?? Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Using a knife might be a faster (and more hygienic) way of opening carded toys IMHO. Wait... you buy everything in double$?? Wow!
    Sadly not everything, just every now and then when they're cheap.

Megatron Guest

Hello and welcome.