Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Have you had others MESS WITH YOUR TF'S AND BREAK THEM!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    When I was younger (in my teenage years and before I sold off my old transformer collection) I had a few friends over my place, who came over multiple times a week. Saw them every day at school and such. Anyway, I went to head to the bathroom for a few minutes only to find most of them had left. I thought nothing of it as it was getting late. The ones who stayed behind, we ended up going out and getting some dinner or something in the lines of that.

Once all was finished up, I got home, went back to my room only to find an enormous amount of things missing and/or broken. Such things as multiple pokemon cards (the old rare charizard which was $40~ at the time etc), star wars figures and mini playsets, random transformers and power ranger things were gone - Even playstation and computer games. And random transformers were broken into parts and pokemon cards completely folded or bent deliberately. Regardless we're talking tens of hundreds of dollars of damage and stolen collectables.

As you can imagine, I was extremely upset, and to know this was my close friends who had done this. So the next day at school I confronted everyone about it, yet none of them would own up to it obviously. Yet I started to notice something about random classmates around me who I never interacted with. They all had things of mine, the 'friends' who had stole them had given out a large portion of them to people for free. So I was seeing all things I use to own randomly around the school grounds.

Now I'm far from the malicious type, but things got a little out of hand on my side of the table that ended up in a couple of the so called friends gathering some of the stuff back and returning it, telling me it was just a playful joke. So by the end of the school day I had a small part of my collectables back. But far from everything that was stolen.

Mainly the large collectables were no where to be seen still. And the rarer pokemon cards etc. So, later on after the school day a random person from a higher year level in school came knocking on my door, with all of my cards back and a few other bits and bobs. He saw how angry and upset I was and went on a mission to get everything he could back. And to top it off, he told me he knew who had the rest of the stuff. Overhearing the people talking about who had hoarded it all at someone's house. He gave me his phone number and said when he finds out for sure he'll let me know.

So a couple of days went by, me losing my friend group and cherished collectables. Until I got a phone call. The person had found out where everything was being hoarded. He told me to come to X persons house to get it back. Anyway when I got there he was standing out front. And no one was home. So needless to say we got inside.., and to my surprise found everything else that was missing. I knew it was mine as well due to, the certain scratches or marks that were on things.

So in the end I got everything back, not in a way I'm proud of though. But at the very least I have nothing missing. Sadly only a fair few broken or ruined things which later on I sold off cheap or threw out. Point of the story, I never let anyone touch my collectables now. Period. I spend to much money, especially now I'm older, to have anything ruined.

This person who helped me out, turned out to be a great, trusting friend who I still know now. They also know to never touch any of my treasured things and vice versa.

It's a shame there are people in the world who just enjoy ruining other peoples days for no reason at all. The perpetrators have never spoken to me since, nor have I seen them in many years.

But regardless, that was many years ago now and I'm a happy boy collecting again
    Wow - thats a hell of a story. Geez, at least my so called friends & wife's cousin were doing what they did in very, very poor attempts at humor. But your friends flat out stole from you and what they didn't steal they purposely damaged. Don't know what you did to get back your stuff you are not proud of but to me it sounds like whatever you did it was probably justified. I guess you were dealing with teenagers and me with so-called adults but I still think that your story tops mine. I feel for ya bro, and glad you are a happy collector boy now

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Wow - thats a hell of a story. Geez, at least my so called friends & wife's cousin were doing what they did in very, very poor attempts at humor. But your friends flat out stole from you and what they didn't steal they purposely damaged. Don't know what you did to get back your stuff you are not proud of but to me it sounds like whatever you did it was probably justified. I guess you were dealing with teenagers and me with so-called adults but I still think that your story tops mine. I feel for ya bro, and glad you are a happy collector boy now
    He stole it back although it was his stuff. He didn't say if the house belonged to one of those who were at his house.

But that guy in the story was great for helping out. Crappy bunch of friends though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    The perpetrators have never spoken to me since, nor have I seen them in many years.
    I don't blame you. People who show a complete lack of regard and respect for you and your property and who so blatantly abused your trust don't deserve your friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Just an old story now, thought some of use might enjoy it. I don't mean that in a bad way. Just interesting seeing into other peoples things

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    He stole it back although it was his stuff. He didn't say if the house belonged to one of those who were at his house.

But that guy in the story was great for helping out. Crappy bunch of friends though.
    Yes, the house did belong to one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't blame you. People who show a complete lack of regard and respect for you and your property and who so blatantly abused your trust don't deserve your friendship.
    At the very least, no one touches now hehe