Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172232 ... LastLast

Thread: US & JP Masterpiece speculations, rumours & wish-lists

A PM Prime should have everything bar the base mode on a Masterpiece interpretation. Everything. And then paint it orange and red.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The MP line is very G1 cartoon oriented so don't expect characters that have not appeared in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    *Overkill & Slugfest
    Other obscure Con's? Hmmm, well Runabout only ever appeared in 1 episode of G1 and Runamuck 2 ep's which makes them almost as obscure as Overkill & Slugfest. They could be done in the same scale as the MP Autobots that they have been releasing lately. Another vote for Reflector right here as well
    I suppose the other really obscure G1 Hasbro Cartoon Decepticon Characters would be Wingspan & Pounce as I think they were only in one episode as well. Scorponok was in two though he only appeared briefly at the end of one of those.

If we are talking obscurity are there any other Decepticon Characters that were in two episodes or less? So far we have:

Overkill
    Slugfest
    Runamuck
    Runabout
    Pounce
    Wingpan
    Scorponok

I can't think of any myself. Even the Headmaster and Targetmasters were in 3, though not sure their partners were. Reflector is definetly obscure but was in quite a few ep's and the movie. Octane was in a few if you count 5 Faces of Darkness. The Terrorcons were in at least 3 I can think of off the top of my head.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Reflector, The three insecticons, Astro train.

I broke my diaclone reflector long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    If we are talking obscurity are there any other Decepticon Characters that were in two episodes or less? So far we have:

Overkill
    Slugfest
    Runamuck
    Runabout
    Pounce
    Wingpan
    Scorponok
    Counterpunch and Sixshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Counterpunch and Sixshot.
    I CANT BELIEVE I DIDN'T THINK OF SIXSHOT (forehead slap!)

I think I had dismissed Counterpunch as I was thinking of Punch.

Those are both AWESOME obscure G1 Cartoon Con Characters! I'd kill for a Materpiece of both of them! I never got the TFCC Punch/Counterpunch and always regretted it, though to be fair by the time I found out it existed it was already sold out

Say they decide to make an MP God Ginrai...

Would you be happy with an MP Ginrai that used MP10 as the non-combined truck/robot? With some modification to the grill so a Godmaster could be plugged in? Or is anime/comic accuracy more important. (Would it bother you less to a have a MP Powermaster Prime who had the MP10 robot mode?)

-No. i'd much prefer a new mould representative of the media he's appeared in.

Would you want the cab to look like MP10 (like Ultra Magnus) even if it transforms different, or would you want it looking less realistic/more futuristic.

-Futuristic.

Would you be unhappy if MP Ginrai went straight from truck and trailer to the combined mode? (skipping the seldom used base mode and the non-combined Ginrai that no one's a big fan of anyway)?

-No.

Should the Ginrai mini-figure be able to sit inside the cab? Would you want the Godmaster port to be compatible with old Godmaster figures (like MP Soundwave and his G1 and MP tapes).

-Yes. If he was compatible that'd be a nice bonus.

Would you buy a separate MP Godbomber release, or would you expect it to be part of an MP God Ginrai release?

-Yes.

And would you ignore MP Ginrai and instead wait for the toy to be released by Hasbro as Powermaster Optimus Prime (perhaps because you're a fan of Optimus and not his lookalikes?)

-I'd buy both

i would love a MP PM Prime... and agree with everything Hursy has said..

i think i would also prefer if Hi Q didnt transform and was just a detailed minifigure...

then of course you have the customary repaints

Fire Guts + Nucleon Quest.

but i am willing to wait for the simple fact i want a MP Inferno and more Decepticons.... and not seeker repaints either.. Cyclonus Scourge Runamuck and Runabout
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I'd want a new mould made up. I think an MP10 with poermaster gimmick would be crap. Add to that their trailers looks completely different as well.

I'd be fine if they went the way of Magnus with the cab of the truck not making the robot, it'd allow for better robot proportions and keep the cost down. A base mode... Hmm, could be neat, but then they'd probably need to make the robot separate. A dilemma for me. I'd like the base mode, but if it dodn't come with it, I'd be fine.

They could drop the base mode and include God Bomber and all would be good!D

Scorpinok the size of fort max... And give Trypticon the same attention with metroplex while we're on the subject of biggies... Not very obscure but still ah well they need to be done!!

Trannis!

There aren't too many truly obscure Transformers from the G1 cartoon -- almost all of them appear in more than one medium. The only ones I can think of would be the Giant Decepticon Warrior and Warrior (who, despite appearances, is not part of Reflector; or at least not Spyglass, Spectro or Viewfinder).