Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 51520212223242526272829303545 ... LastLast

Thread: US & JP Masterpiece speculations, rumours & wish-lists

Quote Originally Posted by drahsrebu View Post
    No info comes out of Japan unless it is translated by Goktimus Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    WTF? People are just pulling names out of the air now I swear. We've had people confirm MP-25 is going to be Megs, Ironhide and Tracks. All of these sources are "reliable" too. Masterpiece speculation should be a club you join. Membership gets you a tin foil hat and a large sign that says "sucker"
    LoL
    People are just taking the piss now and sitting back & laughing at what's going on.
    On the other side of the coin, if they were designed, we won't see the likes of Megatron, Blitzwing, Shockwave and Galvatron until 2016/17/18 if we use Takara's conservative release schedule for new moulds as a basis.
    Last edited by Sinnertwin; 21st January 2015 at 02:38 PM.

I just wish they could provide us with like a road map into the next few years that sets out what goals they have and what Masterpiece Transformers they are considering for the line. Each time I consider buying a 3P piece I have a debate in my mind over the likelihood that an official version will be released.

If we had an idea what pieces they were looking into doing, without the need for confirmation that they will be made, it gives us a little more information to whet our appetite and understanding about the direction they are taking the series. Then again they may not even know themselves...

Wow, they're really going on a binge with the human figures. If that news is accurate anyway - i can't say i'd ever thought we'd get a Raoul figure! I guess Tracks doesn't have that many episodes to himself though, actually that's probably the only one isn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I just wish they could provide us with like a road map into the next few years that sets out what goals they have and what Masterpiece Transformers they are considering for the line. Each time I consider buying a 3P piece I have a debate in my mind over the likelihood that an official version will be released.
    It looks like they intend to do almost a full cast of Autobot cars. I believe they will do Perceptor and Blaster further on. Maybe Blurr, Kup and Hot Rod, to have a decent representation of the animated movie cast, to accompany Ultra Magnus. They have missed the boat with the Dinobots, unlikely to do anymore. If they release something might be Swoop or Slag.

To consider 3rd party items, I reckon only the Dinobots. Everything else will have a release eventually. But we will have to play the waiting game. May take a decade

I didn't mention Decepticons... releases are unpredictable, impossible to predict when the focus is obviously on the Autobots.

I hope as they complete the each G1 year, they re-enact the brochure photography with the MP toys!

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    It looks like they intend to do almost a full cast of Autobot cars. I believe they will do Perceptor and Blaster further on. Maybe Blurr, Kup and Hot Rod, to have a decent representation of the animated movie cast, to accompany Ultra Magnus. They have missed the boat with the Dinobots, unlikely to do anymore. If they release something might be Swoop or Slag.

To consider 3rd party items, I reckon only the Dinobots. Everything else will have a release eventually. But we will have to play the waiting game. May take a decade

I didn't mention Decepticons... releases are unpredictable, impossible to predict when the focus is obviously on the Autobots.
    A decade for all those toys would be an extremely optimistic estimate, and that's assuming they don't just reboot the line down the track like they did with MP 10. Optimus Prime is always going to be heart of TakTom's MP's so they'll have to keep re-releasing him or updating him if the line continues another 10 years.

I gave up expecting Taktom to make any specific MP's years ago, but that means that any one we do get is an unexpected gift for me.

I do hope they do all the original Autobot cars though, as with the realistic altmodes and cartoon robto modes they make the best MP's in my mind.

I'm definitely keen, but, where are all the Decepticreeps at?

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If thats it for the year is kind of a quiet.

Here is my expecting the rest list for 2015

TRU Optimus mp-10, yes wouldn't you know, when I see both being reissued is kind of hinting something is up, and I believe this is it, and it be end of the year.

TRU Sideswipe

TRU Starscream (I am just throwing in a seeker, it can be anything)

Asia Exclusive Thundercracker mp

Bape Grey Optimus (why not, since people are interested suddenly)

G1 Magnus colour.

Of course this is just a speculated rumour.

^^^ Did you just pull names from a hat?