Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18283334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: US & JP Masterpiece speculations, rumours & wish-lists

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    regarding speculation on further releases, if they did do mirage and jazz, what other characters or paint schemes could they do for those vehicles? i can't remember if it was official or not but some people say they would want at least 2 uses for each mould. would there be just old diaclone schemes?
    For Jazz you've got G2 Jazz and Stepper/Ricochet (existing reuses of the G1 mold). Wouldn't mind them doing it as Jackpot (like they did with the Animated Jazz toy) or Kick Off - because Action Masters won't get MP toys anytime soon! Could be a Dead End if they do Stunticons as just repaints.

Mirage... well they could do a transparent one. They could do it in red like the Diaclone as a new character. Or black. Or Machine Wars Mirage colours. Or the unused G2 colour scheme. Or Drag Strip if they do Stunticons as just repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    For Jazz you've got G2 Jazz and Stepper/Ricochet (existing reuses of the G1 mold). Wouldn't mind them doing it as Jackpot (like they did with the Animated Jazz toy) or Kick Off - because Action Masters won't get MP toys anytime soon! Could be a Dead End if they do Stunticons as just repaints.

Mirage... well they could do a transparent one. They could do it in red like the Diaclone as a new character. Or black. Or Machine Wars Mirage colours. Or the unused G2 colour scheme. Or Drag Strip if they do Stunticons as just repaints.
    While it would be great to see them done as Dead End and Drag Strip, the whole idea of the line is that the vehicles are as accurate as possible and the robot is as true to the cartoon as possible. Redoing them as the Stunticons would mean that they would have to completely retool the robot modes and I don't think they would.

Personally I wouldn't mind it as it would mean when we get the eventual MP Hound then we would get Swindle too. But I don't think it's likely.

In fact, come to think of it, I cant remember (with the exception of the Universe Hound's and FOC Swindle) the last time they made a Swindle that didn't turn into Hound or vice-versa and the same goes for the Mirage-Drag Strip duo.

I wouldn't want buy the Stunticons as repaints with new heads (which is what they could do, like in Alternators/Binaltech) hence the smaller font but if they had to be made so we could get Jazz, Hound and Mirage their existence wouldn't bother me personally that much. (And there's a lot of other TF characters who should be in the MP queue ahead of unique MP Stunticons!)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    In fact, come to think of it, I cant remember (with the exception of the Universe Hound's and FOC Swindle) the last time they made a Swindle that didn't turn into Hound or vice-versa and the same goes for the Mirage-Drag Strip duo.
    Animated Swindle?
    Animated Botcon Dragstrip (I know repaint of Arcee )

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Animated Swindle?
    Animated Botcon Dragstrip (I know repaint of Arcee )
    I was going to say yeah, the Animated line was very good for having lots of stand alone figures that were made to completely suit that character, not in a view that they could be recoloured over and over.

But then I spose Cliffjumper was a slight retool of Bumblebee, Shockwave, Ultra Magnus, Grimlock and so on came in two different colours and then you had a myriad of seekers. Add on top of that the Botcon repaints and I guess there were only a few that the mould only got used once for - Swindle being one of them. Don't think they did anything else with the Sentinel Prime figure either.

Despite the Prowl/Bluestreak and Sideswipe/Red Alert reuses, for some reason I'm less supportive of Mirage/Drag Strip as being reused as Masterpieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Despite the Prowl/Bluestreak and Sideswipe/Red Alert reuses, for some reason I'm less supportive of Mirage/Drag Strip as being reused as Masterpieces.
    Well Mirage turned into a F-1 Ligier JS11 race car whereas Grag Strip turned into a Tyrrell P34 Six-Wheeler race car. Or in other words Drag Strip had two more wheels and a visible engine so they looked fairly different.

With the approaching release of BW MP Primal (Convoy) I am really hoping that we will get a new line of MPs for Beast Wars. I would love them to do all of the 1st season characters. I would love them to release it in this order

MPBW01 - Convoy
    MPBW02 - Megatron
    MPBW03 - Dinobot
    MPBW04 - Cheetor
    MPBW05 - Scorponok
    MPBW06 - Waspinator
    MPBW07 - Rattrap
    MPBW08 - Terrorsaur
    MPBW09 - Tarantulas
    MPBW10 - Rhinox
    MPBW11 - Inferno
    MPBW12 - Blackaracnia
    MPBW13 - Airrazor
    MPBW14 - Tigatron

I can dream cant I...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Jazz, hound, mirage are most welcome to be the next few.

It is also easily to speculate thrust and dirge are already in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Jazz, hound, mirage are most welcome to be the next few.

It is also easily to speculate thrust and dirge are already in the works.
    There has been a lot of Autobot love for the last few releases, and Shockwave being the only non-exclusive Con. I would love for the next reveal to be a Con, Reflector or the Insecticons would also be a welcome addition.