Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: US & JP Masterpiece speculations, rumours & wish-lists

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    So Hot Rod in the '86 movie had a lighter, slightly pinkish shade of red to him and it is accepted by some that when he becomes Rodimus Prime it is an animation error that has him keep the Hot Rod character model's colour instead of changing over to the Rodimus Prime model from the TV series. That is the shade of red on both MP-9 and MP-29.

Rodimus Prime in the TV series has a darker more maroon shade of red and a couple of other deco changes.

Anyone else want a MP-9 based on the fixed version of the mould with good QC and TV series Rodimus deco or am I alone?

That right Takara, I'm willing to give you more money for a crappy mould.
    I suppose TakaraTOMY were going with Rodimus Prime as he first appeared in the movie, where he still had Hot Rod's magenta; it wasn't until season 3 aired that Rodimus was maroon. Also, since a major selling point of MP9 was changing from Hot Rod to Rodimus Prime, it would be more 'acceptable' to have a magenta Rodimus Prime than a maroon Hot Rod, although the Rodimus Prime Winnebago on MP9 had maroon at the front.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    regarding speculation on further releases, if they did do mirage and jazz, what other characters or paint schemes could they do for those vehicles? i can't remember if it was official or not but some people say they would want at least 2 uses for each mould. would there be just old diaclone schemes?
    For Hound, TakaraTOMY could have the desert sand Detritus repaint.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    There has been a lot of Autobot love for the last few releases, and Shockwave being the only non-exclusive Con. I would love for the next reveal to be a Con, Reflector or the Insecticons would also be a welcome addition.
    I'd just love the Cons to be NON-exclusives. Ramjet and Thundercracker are the only two MPs I don't have (or don't have pre-ordered) that I really want but can't justify the cost for moulds I already have

When you got Starscream, Skywarp, Acid Storm and Sunstorm all at around $120 give or take, paying $200+ for those two is a bit too much to swallow

I have it from a good source that MP-10B will be reissued soon.

If this is posted elsewhere then my tail is where it should be
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post

Yeah baby yeah

There's plenty of time remaining in the year for repaints, so an MP-10B is as good as any!

I wonder which factory he'll come from?

Enough with the Convoy re-issues already. Bring on re-issue MP Soundwave!

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Enough with the Convoy re-issues already. Bring on re-issue MP Soundwave!
    LOL I have to agree with this, MP-10B was a fairly limited run, but Soundwave was overall probably more so.

While I have most of these "new" reissues I am glad they are reissuing them because it keeps the rip off secondary market in check and items accessible to some of the late comers to the line.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I found it interesting that on TFW2005 one of their well regarded posters hinted that either Jazz or Hound would be the next reveal. The same poster has mentioned in the recent past that he has seen a mock up of Jazz. This poster seems very reliable so while I would love either character I would be blown away if it was Jazz!

i'm hanging for him as well. i remember getting both g1 jazz and wheeljack for my nameday once when i was little.

Just out of curiosity, would anyone here actually purchase MP "Protect" (Diaclone black) Ironhide and MP "Emergency" (green) Ratchet? Can't think of other redeco potential for the Cherry Vanettes.