Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2737424344454647

Thread: US & JP Masterpiece speculations, rumours & wish-lists

At a guess, I'd think MP Cliffjumper would be a retool of MP-45 Bumblebee, seeing as they are focusing on cartoon accuracy now. So I'd expect the penny-racer Porsche look.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

It will depend on how shell-formerish the new Bumblebee is, to see if it could have its outer panels swapped to look like cartoon Cliffjumper.... and if it is that version, they wouldn't need licensing as it wouldn't be replicating the real car.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I have a feeling it's going to be a Siege Cliffjumper, who will be a pre-tool for Bumblebee. More than happy to be wrong though - I mean, I will be ecstatic if it turns out we're actually getting MP Cliffy.
    Also, does anyone have a clue what LYC means?
    I hate to use Urban dictonary as a source but it has a listing for Ly-c that says it means “money (usually given in a decorated red paper envelope)given during Chinese New Year”

Maybe Cliffjumper is being released at Chinese New Year? In some sort of special red packaging perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It will depend on how shell-formerish the new Bumblebee is, to see if it could have its outer panels swapped to look like cartoon Cliffjumper.... and if it is that version, they wouldn't need licensing as it wouldn't be replicating the real car.
    Yeah, I'm thinking that by using the Sunrise animation lineart models they can get around licensing for Jazz, Mirage etc as well as reboot the MP line.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I hate to use Urban dictonary as a source but it has a listing for Ly-c that says it means “money (usually given in a decorated red paper envelope)given during Chinese New Year”

Maybe Cliffjumper is being released at Chinese New Year? In some sort of special red packaging perhaps?
    Yeah, it might be to do with timing or how it's released but I was thinking it must be some reference to the G1 cartoon. Thanks for looking into it.
    It's such an odd detail to have at the end of the listing that it kind of makes me lean more toward it being legit. Perhaps once we see this figure we'll all smack our foreheads and go "duh, THAT'S what it meant"
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Listing yet confirmed. Total stab in the dark