Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: FT-03 Shockwave

Shipping from Captured Prey does not seem too bad. For 7 units it's only $158.40 shipping.

So the total per unit would be around $174. Comparable to an official MP toy cost (some instances cheaper).

That seems pretty fair to me. I will make a formal group order later today, I will add the names of people who have showed interest but if you want to pull out, let me know.

Important: I just realized that the grand total value is over $1,000. I need to know if this would be a problem with customs as they could charge us fees. If you have experience with this please let me know.

Edit: I just read up on it and it seems that there are custom problems with importing stuff worth more $1,000. They hold it back until you pay the fee and given that they are not super reliable, it's all too risky and could proof expensive.

I will do the group order thread anyways and if we get enough people, it may be worth splitting the group into two. If we keep each individual order under $1000, it should turn out fine.

Does any one know how Captured Prey do pre orders? Do they take the money right now like RK? Or once they get it like BBTS?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Shipping from Captured Prey does not seem too bad. For 7 units it's only $158.40 shipping.

So the total per unit would be around $174. Comparable to an official MP toy cost (some instances cheaper).

That seems pretty fair to me. I will make a formal group order later today, I will add the names of people who have showed interest but if you want to pull out, let me know.

Important: I just realized that the grand total value is over $1,000. I need to know if this would be a problem with customs as they could charge us fees. If you have experience with this please let me know.

Edit: I just read up on it and it seems that there are custom problems with importing stuff worth more $1,000. They hold it back until you pay the fee and given that they are not super reliable, it's all too risky and could proof expensive.

I will do the group order thread anyways and if we get enough people, it may be worth splitting the group into two. If we keep each individual order under $1000, it should turn out fine.
    I've imported orders over $1200 before and didn't get stung, but the value declared was in yen. they can tally imports too, so be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Does any one know how Captured Prey do pre orders? Do they take the money right now like RK? Or once they get it like BBTS?
    Like with RK they take payment and shipping upfront.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Ask them to put the declared value at less than the limit. Other online retailers do it all the time.

Worth a shot anyway.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

How much did they charge you for shipping if you don't mind me asking?
    Think it was bout $35 ish
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Megatron Guest

If you can't get the seller to declare the value at less than $1000 then I would split it into two separate packages as you said.

Thank you for doing this for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    If you can't get the seller to declare the value at less than $1000 then I would split it into two separate packages as you said.

Thank you for doing this for us.
    No worries, glad to do it. Sorry about the delay on the official group order thread. I have been spending the whole freaking night fixing that god damn laserbeak fin.

ispayks is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm in too if its not too late. Thanks!

Bad luck guys. Captured Prey sold out on the 2nd pre-order. Looking at alternatives

More bad luck - From Kapow Toys we can only order 5 toys and each comes down to about $202 total.

Further bad luck! - Sorry guys, it seems that with Kapow Toys, there is no benefit in a group order, the toys end up being $202-$207 regardless of how many we order. With the added cost of shipping interstate, it isn't worth it and we are better off trying it as individuals if you are willing to pay that much.

Last edited by kup; 2nd February 2013 at 02:08 AM.

Damn.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain