Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 61621222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: FT-03 Shockwave

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I did notice that the box was a little beat up.
    I've read similar reports on the TFW forums, it seems like the handling and/or shipping from China to the US was particularly rough. I think Sidecutter from Captured Prey wrote that DHL were responsible for the first wave which suffered quite a bit of damage but that FansToys were going to try a different carrier for the second. Either they weren't able to do it, or it didn't help any.

Oh and there is nothing that I could see in the instructions about collapsing/extending the torso for transformation either, so just be aware of that.
    Yep, I discovered it by accident and then promptly forgot about it. When pulling out the figure's legs, make sure to hold the lower half of the torso, don't grab him above the waist. Some people managed to pull the figure in half due to the stiff leg mechanisms.

A little bit of a neck would have given his head a bit better range of motion and also helped the overall appearance.
    Yeah, while the no-neck appearance looks pretty faithful to all his toy/cartoon/comic incarnations I think the artists cheated a bit.

The body has a raised bump that allows a reasonable up and down motion when looking straight ahead but limits it when the head is turned to the side. I can't see any reason for it to be so long so grinding the ends down could be a good fix, though I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try it yet.

Mine turned up today!! Got the opaque hands and the box was in great condition. I can't wait to open this guy up and display him in my masterpiece cabinet.
    FYI, ordered from Captured Prey

Quote Originally Posted by Ozboticon View Post
    Mine turned up today!! Got the opaque hands and the box was in great condition. I can't wait to open this guy up and display him in my masterpiece cabinet.
    FYI, ordered from Captured Prey
    Cool!

I was hoping mine to arrive today but looks like I wasn't that lucky. It's getting a bit late now for the postman..

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

For anyone who missed out, Captured Prey have just released limited stock (40 units) from the second run at the original $150 price. Preorders for a confirmed third run are also popping up with a mid-June release.

The lack of a trigger for gun mode.
    The trigger is tucked up in your photo - you just need to pull it down...

Perhaps I should get 1 from captured prey. Sick of waiting for Chimmungmung to get theirs in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    The trigger is tucked up in your photo - you just need to pull it down...
    That's not a trigger. It is a clip used to hold the butt in place. Although it does do a good trigger impersonation.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I also got the shipment notice from Captured Prey
    Hey Kup,

what did they hit you for postage on this guy? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Hey Kup,

what did they hit you for postage on this guy? Thanks
    They made a mistake and only sent me one Quakewave when I had ordered two so the postage on the package is not correct.

They originally charged me $69.60 shipping for 2x Quakwaves

Just got this email from Captured Prey:

Quote Originally Posted by Captured Prey
    Hi All,

Quick update. The solid hands/guns for our first-run Quake Wave customers (YOU!) are all finally packed, labeled, and on the way out. They'll be headed to the post office tomorrow sometime. Here's the lowdown for everyone affected:
    • The hands are shipping via First Class Mail. There's no tracking, and you won't see any additional updates to your order reflecting their shipment, just this message letting you know.
    • International customers, please allow several weeks, as first class mail can be pretty darn slow at times, and seems to be slower of late. If you don't have the hand within 8 weeks I'll gladly send another!
    • Domestic (USA) customers, you should receive the hands within a few days, but please allow a couple weeks to be sure. I'll be glad to resend at that point if it hasn't arrived.
    • If you still have an order pending other items with a first-run Quake Wave, your hand parts have NOT been mailed. You will receive them with the toy when your order is complete and ships.

Thanks,
    Orson "Sidecutter" Christian
    Owner, Captured Prey
    Sweet! No mention of the second gun barrel tho...
    Which brings us to where we are today...