Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello From Canada!!!

Yeah, I'm a gun Meggy guy myself.

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrons Cannon View Post
    Than you all!!

Yes Im a G1 fan, not beastwhatever/ Energon/ all the others fan. However I do enjoy the newer Animated and Prime cartoons, still dont care for the plane chopper version.
    Ah. I like ALL versions - minus anything Beast/Predacon (I don't consider those to be versions of the same character, and in canon I don't think they are anyway.)

Anyways, welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrons Cannon View Post
    Yes Im a G1 fan, not beastwhatever/ Energon/ all the others fan.
    BEASTIES!!

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Ah. I like ALL versions - minus anything Beast/Predacon (I don't consider those to be versions of the same character, and in canon I don't think they are anyway.)
    When the Beast Wars toys first came out (so before the cartoon was out), the toy bios and comic portrayed them as being continuations of the Autobots and Decepticons - i.e. that Optimus Primal was Optimus Prime in a new form and Megatron was G1 Megatron etc. But then when Vancouver based Mainframe Entertainment made the cartoon, they threw that out the window and created a new canonical premise where the Maximals and Predacons were NOT the Autobots and Decepticons with new modes, but rather the descendants of the Autobots and Decepticons - centuries after the Autobot-Decepticon "Great War" had ended and the old factions were officially disbanded.

I think Beasties Megatron is a great character; whereas G1 Megatron was more inclined to use direct force, BW Megtron used guile/deception and played everyone (allies and enemies) off each other in order to obtain his goals. As Beasties Megatron once adaptly said, "Deception is the better part of valour."

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    BEASTIES!!

When the Beast Wars toys first came out (so before the cartoon was out), the toy bios and comic portrayed them as being continuations of the Autobots and Decepticons - i.e. that Optimus Primal was Optimus Prime in a new form and Megatron was G1 Megatron etc. But then when Vancouver based Mainframe Entertainment made the cartoon, they threw that out the window and created a new canonical premise where the Maximals and Predacons were NOT the Autobots and Decepticons with new modes, but rather the descendants of the Autobots and Decepticons - centuries after the Autobot-Decepticon "Great War" had ended and the old factions were officially disbanded.

I think Beasties Megatron is a great character; whereas G1 Megatron was more inclined to use direct force, BW Megtron used guile/deception and played everyone (allies and enemies) off each other in order to obtain his goals. As Beasties Megatron once adaptly said, "Deception is the better part of valour."
    To each their own.

Hey, welcome to the forum.