Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Fansproject Function X

Skullcruncher in optimus pirme colours (from city of steel was it?)

that could be worth picking up
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Skullcruncher in optimus pirme colours (from city of steel was it?)

that could be worth picking up
    I dig it But Skullcruncher was my only Headmaster from childhood, so I really want one in its original colours -- especially that crazy magenta.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I think that Hardhead may actually be Weirdwolf.
    The body looks more like Weirdwolf the colour bar is of though. Hopefully you are right as there is less crossover other than that overpriced Botcon toy.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I'd have gone proper nuts for Apeface
    I'd prefer Snapdragon, but ditto pretty much. Maybe they will save them for when they finish the missing geewun triple changers.

I'll think about considering thinking about considering getting Chromedome, once I see pics.

BBTS have the first Function X figure up for pre order, but only until December 16th. The below is from the product page:

FansProject and BigBadToyStore are teaming up to help out needy children this holiday season! FansProject and BigBadToyStore will be donating $20 (wholesale cost) worth of toys to the Toys for Tots organization for every piece of the Function X-1 figure preordered by December 16th. We'll gather up the huge donation on December 17th and deliver it to Toys for Tots and we'll post images shortly after that.

This figure is a four wheeled vehicle that converts to robot mode and it features two scoped rifles - that is all we can tell you for now!

Preorder now and help us make Christmas memorable for many needy children.
    Speculation on TFW seems to say that the figure will be not-Chromedome and will be a January release.

Anyone else would have a hard time convincing me to buy a TF sight unseen, but FP have a good record so I threw down my pre order.

I hardly think that this is going to be the only release of this character, but its for a decent cause, so they can have my money early. Also, depending on the timing of the second run, it may see a price rise.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Very interesting. I will certainly buy it before the deadline.

Hmm, as much as i want it before the deadline, i just can't afford it. Too much stuff i got on order from bbts that comes in January.

Thanks Trent!

Pre-ordered, I was expecting to pay another $30ish for one of these (about the same price point as Steel Core), so this was just perfect! The donation to kids is a nice extra, considering that $20 on toys goes much further than here.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I'd stay on the safe side and wait for pics. For some reason now, Foc Air Raid looks suspiciously like Chromedome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I'd stay on the safe side and wait for pics. For some reason now, Foc Air Raid looks suspiciously like Chromedome.
    I trust FP to give me something good even if it's not exactly what I expected.

I think we are safe and my motivation for committing to the pre-order was the charity.

I honestly cannot picture Hasbro or Tomy giving away $20/$68 of a sale to charity. What would the share holders say?