Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3646515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon US items (available to us)

I picked up an Alicon bought from Amazon US today. It was just thrown in a padded envelope. I'm not a box collector, so I don't care, but others will.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Yep, same with mine.

Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I was looking at those listings last night, and if I’m not mistaken (as I’ve ever only bought a couple of things off Amazon Us), they’d charge shipping separately regardless if the pre-orders become available at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    I was looking at those listings last night, and if I’m not mistaken (as I’ve ever only bought a couple of things off Amazon Us), they’d charge shipping separately regardless if the pre-orders become available at the same time?
    Naw, in my experience you pay shipping once and then as a "gesture of goodwill" Amazon will ship each item as they become available
    Perhaps some one else can verify that they've had the same happen to them too?

Items appear to be shipping separately right now, yeah. I was totally expecting one shipment to gradually break apart based on warehouses' stock.
    Is it possible that they don't have the data for which warehouses stock will arrive at...?

Sinnertwin is pretty much correct (except the "goodwill" bit, at least to their employees ). Items are shipped as soon as they are in-stock, unless they have a specific embargo date (which is why a lot of pre-orders ship out a few days before their listed date).
    Since they only charge money when items are in-stock, and have already quoted a "total" shipping amount, you shouldn't pay anything more than what is quoted at time of the pre-order... which can work in your favour if items have the same release date listed but are released separately - you shouldn't get charged anything extra with shipping... just like when you purchase several items that are in-stock, and they get sent separately (if at different warehouses).
    It can also work against you, but not often (and their shipping isn't too bad so the loss wouldn't be too much) - if items are supposed to have separate release dates, and they end up being released at the same time, then they probably just make a little extra on the shipping.

Check your emails too folks, just got a heads up for Amazon Prime days 13th & 14th October.

Thanks guys. But here’s the thing though, when I went into ordering, and I only specifically chose the ones that had the same release date ( you’ll notice a couple that are listed as release on 1/3/2022 As opposed to 1/2), and I still got hit with separate lots of shipping charges. That’s why I didn’t pull the trigger last night. Not sure if that’s something that’s changed for any pre-orders in general, or just these items.

That's the thing I was referring to, that items expected on the same day are being charged for separate shipping.

Usually, I would expect one shipment for preorders until being notified of a split shipment. But that leans into what Griffin is saying that when you are charged for fewer shipments it's clearly a benefit.

Which is why I'm suggesting perhaps the logistics aren't quite ironed out.