Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conneticut Shooting

Default Conneticut Shooting Incident- tragedy

I'm sure many of you have heard and/or seen the news about the recent shooting in Connecticut, by 20 (or is it 21) year old Adam Lanza, in which 26-28 people were shot.
    20 children between the ages of 5-10 were shot, as well as at least 6 adults, including the school's principal. Adam's mother was also shot at home before the shooting.
    This is a horrible tragedy and I'm sure many of us feel for the many parents and friends of these murdered children, who still had much ahead of them.
    Currently re-elected US President Barack Obama commented on this incident, which was shown to have made him cry, as anyone would.
    I send my respect to the American people, especially those involved with the children and adults that were shot or witnessed the incident.
    I hope that you, the OTCA people in Australia and overseas, feel for the people of America and can feel the pain of them.
    Please comment and show your respects for the people of the USA.
    Thank you.

It's just sad, murdering children is just not right at all, not even adults. At least the guy shot himself in the end.

Although it's slightly different if he shot himself out of insanity, rather than to pay for what he had done.
    It is a very sad time for the US and for once, I can actually side with them. (I normally give off a bad vibe or receive one from Americans, IDK)
    This is a very unfortunate event and I hope they receive as much help as possible.

Don't forget that there was another shooting last week in Portland Oregon. I have some friends who live there, so that gave me a real scare. But yeah, TWO public shootings in the United States within a week!
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...also-dies?lite

Yes, this gave me quite a shock and although this really shouldn't be the matter at hand, the US government, IMO and many others', should really crack down on guns. Enough of this not-owning replica bs.
    Just crack down on the real thing.
    I'm sure someone's so going to die of blood loss because I aimed a fake gun at them.
    Better keep someone (such as an attacker) in fear than to take their life.

As i mentioned in another thread, one of my friends went to high school with vicki soto. She is quite shaken up to say the least.

If you don't mind me asking, who is Vicki Soto? Sounds familiar, yet I can't get it in my head.

When I read about the this news I felt sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, who is Vicki Soto? Sounds familiar, yet I can't get it in my head.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lementary.html

That made me feel bad inside. That is unfortunate but a brave sacrifice. RIP.

After a couple of months, the media will forget about this and so will all the people not directly affected by this.

Then the next shooting will occur and the cycle will commence once again but ultimately, nothing will be done because there is no political will to do so.