Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who was your first???

Yep, Alternator Grimlock for me too. I still can't seem to transform that without the instructions. I'm another who always reads the instructions first too.
    Last edited by Mixmaster; 5th July 2008 at 12:55 PM.

I always read the instructions as I don't want to break a figure I've just bought.

That being said I bought a prototype Movie Ironhide off ebay that had instructions and I managed to transform him using Seibertron gallery pictures of him

Mind you it did take me 2.5hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Mixmaster View Post
    Yep, Alternator Grimlock for me too. I still can't seem to transform that without the instructions. I'm another who always reads the instructions first too.
    I can't properly transform Alternator Jazz/Meister with instructions, thats him being from Robot to Car mode =_=

AND Offroad Ironhide...at the moment he looks like a hunchback retarded transformer LOL

With a lot of them I only open up the instructions for one or 2 parts. But when it came to MP Megatron I had to use it for the whole thing. Took me an 30-45 mins just to transform him the first time
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Something back in '84, no doubt. I always read the instructions once if they come with the purchase, just in case there are easily-missed gimmicks or things which are supposed to be done in a certain order.

For G1's they were kinda predictable, plus most of my G1s are second hand so no intructions ,. Good thing they're easy. BW , meh i only get the figure s which I like ( and tend to be simple as well) the first time I really needed intructions badly was with Energon Unicron. Then everything after was all easy to figure out again and then comes the need for instructions on Alternators and MPs, the thing about the arms in some Alts are a real doosy. I thought I was gonna break a tab off Alt Bluestreak. I also had a weird moment transforming the "naughty, unmentionable" MP almost broke his arm off. Almost.
    Last edited by liegeprime; 6th July 2008 at 10:24 AM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by genechan View Post
    I can't properly transform Alternator Jazz/Meister with instructions, thats him being from Robot to Car mode =_=
    Alt Jazz's instructions are about as useful as Universe Nemesis Prime's. You are much better using toy galleries as a guide than using the instructions to get the correct transformation.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

So far I haven't needed to use instructions for any Transformers toys. I've always managed to transform them, but I do look at the instructions afterwards to make sure I haven't missed any details - which happens sometimes, such as applying the ridiculous amount of force needed to extend Alternators Prime's legs a few millimeters...

Part of the appeal of transforming toys to me is figuring out how it transforms only using pictures on the box. Only on two occasions have I had to 'cheat' because I thought I was applying too much force and the toy would break if I was wrong.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    So far I haven't needed to use instructions for any Transformers toys. I've always managed to transform them, but I do look at the instructions afterwards to make sure I haven't missed any details - which happens sometimes, such as applying the ridiculous amount of force needed to extend Alternators Prime's legs a few millimeters...

Part of the appeal of transforming toys to me is figuring out how it transforms only using pictures on the box. Only on two occasions have I had to 'cheat' because I thought I was applying too much force and the toy would break if I was wrong.
    Same here. I cheat when I become a bit concerned about the feebleness of the toy. I find I only do that for my eBay purchases and never anything from retail. The reason being is b/c if I do stuff something at retail, there's always the refund. With eBay though, it's much tougher to get a replacement.

I'm also a huge frequenter of Seibertron.com's image galleries to get all the angles on my TFs if I come into trouble.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Seibertron Galleries = Goldmine!

(especially for spasmods like me )