Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Vintage G1 Seeker KO?

Just a couple of scans from my archives on topic.

Toyworld catalogue showing the G1 Soundwave re-release alongside other gold-boxed classics and the European release of the Constructions

There's additional text on the front of Soundwave's box, but too small to be legible here.

The re-release of Starscream and Cyclonus (and Ramjet as I also recall) were still being advertised in World 4 Kids catalogues by the time G2 toys were on the shelf. No box photo though unfortunately.

Megatron Guest

Ohhh... that was so... cheap.

I think a fair price for this MISB G1 Starscream re-release should be no more than about $100 max. Anyways, I've contacted the seller about it, it'll be interesting to see what he says...

Edit: He wants to know what my price would be. If anyone has any advice I'd be glad to hear it: should I offer him $100? Or a different amount?
    Last edited by Megatron; 28th December 2012 at 05:16 PM.

Depends how much you want it, his expextation was $300 thinking it was an 80's release. So he may get spooked out at $100 purely due to the huge difference regardles of vintage.
    I wouldn't go any higher than $120 with postage. At least that higher number will soften the blow even with postage. Psych 101

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

Toyworld catalogue showing the G1 Soundwave re-release alongside other gold-boxed classics and the European release of the Constructions

**Snip**
    Wow awesome scans paulbot!!

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Depends how much you want it, his expextation was $300 thinking it was an 80's release. So he may get spooked out at $100 purely due to the huge difference regardles of vintage.
    I wouldn't go any higher than $120 with postage. At least that higher number will soften the blow even with postage. Psych 101
    Thanks for your reply, I feel better about it now knowing that someone else agrees. Well, I've given him my offer, so it's up to him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

There's additional text on the front of Soundwave's box, but too small to be legible here.

The re-release of Starscream and Cyclonus (and Ramjet as I also recall) were still being advertised in World 4 Kids catalogues by the time G2 toys were on the shelf. No box photo though unfortunately.

This is great, it clearly shows the rounded edges of the cardboard around the window. Great reference for anyone after boxed items.

@Paulbot - Man those scans are a great! What a piece of pop culture history. I remember a Kmart catalogue photo that came out before the Christmas of 1985 that had most of the '84 and '85 line up that were relesed in Oz, all in one big photo. I kept it for years but unfortunately I can't find it now

@Megatron - Good luck, hopefully he accepts your offer.

Megatron Guest

Thanks, but... he declined my offer. He wishes me luck finding a product that matches his.

Oh, I shall.

Haha.

Keep an eye out for it if he re-lists it. If he does so with correct description I would be surprised if it goes for over the price you offered.

Megatron Guest

Yeah, provided he doesn't have a starting bid of something like $250.

Regardless, I'll keep an eye on it and see if he relists it.