Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Price matching toys

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Did she (or for that matter, anyone else) mention that the Big W Catalogue says that it's "Movie Voyagers" for $24.83? Or has no one noticed that part when you go up with an Animated figure?
    In this case, we're talking about Inferno and Mudflap, which are Movie Voyagers. In most of our previous cases, yes, we were full of @#$% and knew it

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    In this case, we're talking about Inferno and Mudflap, which are Movie Voyagers. In most of our previous cases, yes, we were full of @#$% and knew it
    Oh, yeah, sorry... I meant when you guys picked up Animated Voyagers only. I'm so tempted to try it with Bulkhead (seeing as how some of you have strongly recommended getting him) but I wanted to see if you guys had problems. I guess I could just play dumb and say I didn't realise there was a difference between the two lines maybe...

Surprisingly, in all of my Animated-Price-Matching-Travels since July 3rd, that hasn't been cause for rejection yet. Anyone else get called out on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Oh, yeah, sorry... I meant when you guys picked up Animated Voyagers only. I'm so tempted to try it with Bulkhead (seeing as how some of you have strongly recommended getting him) but I wanted to see if you guys had problems. I guess I could just play dumb and say I didn't realise there was a difference between the two lines maybe...
    Get the gf to do it... it works well with a groucho and u just standing there as the nice boyfriend who doesn't give a crap. Pretend to get involved out of concern only about how long its taking, creates a bit of "nice" pressure rather than coming across as being overbearing.

This is what I'm actually planning of trying tonight when I went back to Campbellfield looking for the Voyagers for Paulbot and Sifun. However, they were out of them but stuff was all over the place so they could've been misplaced too ... anyway... since i have a docket at that price, I was going to bring that in w/out a catagloue and then ask them to call a BigW if they wanted to check if Voyagers were in fact $24.83.

Of course, BigW would reply "yes" our Transformer Voyagers are on sale if that happened but I imagine with the base receipt that makes it much easier and u don't have to worry about the catalogue getting in the way.

I do agree though that it's tough ask to pull off. I didn't think i could and I'm generally pretty confident. But kudos to Golden Phoenix who gave it a shot anyway.

(tho b/c of that i've spent $200 more than I otherwise would've!)
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

The tricky bit is not flinching when the computer tries to take an additional 20% off AFTER they price match. That's the point you quickly hand them your card and say, "That's on credit please," with a smile. They do a double take on the figure shown on the cash register and look a bit like a deer-in-the-headlights, so you gotta keep the momentum rolling. It's great if there's a queue behind you or a partner rushing you cause that's when the real savings start rolling in.

Here's my story again.. i reckon you have more chance doing it like this rather than trying the *actual* scam of telling them what you're price matching to!

When i went up to the service desk, i didn't even have the Big W brochure, just a printout of borgeman's receipt. I mentioned it was showing a pricematch to Big W, and that i'd like to get the same price. (Please!)

The chick called Big W, they coudln't find it.. and then asked me if it was in the catalog, to which i said 'im not sure'. Even though the BigW person on the other end of the line was hunting all around the store trying to find these Animated Voyagers that didn't exist, at no point did either of them realise it was price matched to Movie Voyagers.

Eventually when the Kmart chick came back and said BigW only had 2 pack, i just politely said 'well, it's the same item, same code, and obviously from a kmart.. .. what can you do?' She called the manager and without hesitation he just said match it! 50/50 chance i reckon. Just sound sad that you're gonna miss out

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Thanks Jay, STL and Kurdt! I'll probably give it a crack tomorrow!

Surprisingly, in all of my Animated-Price-Matching-Travels since July 3rd, that hasn't been cause for rejection yet. Anyone else get called out on that?
    Chadstone staff at first refused to price-match, the supervisor later said just to give it the price with BigW (without the additional 10% discount) hence i paid for 2 Voyagers at $19.89 ($20)

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    (oh and annoyed but glad b/c lcz128 and myself thought that Iceburn said there were no more Mudflap/Inferno's left at TRU Chaddy so we made the effort to go all the way out to Knox. We were contemplating going to highpoint and trying the impossible if all else failed.

And it gets me riled up that I just wanna go and price-match some more. There's a certain sense of victory about it.
    There was indeed none left on Thursday when i went back after heading down Kmart. I told you I had left and head off to Kmart to look for Animated Voyagers first. Went back and the other pair was no longer there.

So did both of you get it or not...you know i will try and get it.
    I'm sorry i heard you wrongly the other day while i was still driving else I would have bought both pairs
    Last edited by iceburn; 5th July 2008 at 01:07 AM.

*Slowly put hand up*

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    Chadstone staff at first refused to price-match, the supervisor later said just to give it the price with BigW (without the additional 10% discount) hence i paid for 2 Voyagers at $19.89 ($20)

There was indeed none left on Thursday when i went back after heading down Kmart. I told you I had left and head off to Kmart to look for Animated Voyagers first. Went back and the other pair was no longer there.

So did both of you get it or not...you know i will try and get it.
    I'm sorry i heard you wrongly the other day while i was still driving else I would have bought both pairs
    No worries, man. Nah man, me and lcz128 did grab a set each. We were so jealous of you and Jaydisc who were able to price match and headed out to Knox to do our price-matching. We easily price-matched out there and there was 1 more set when we left yesterday with a few more stacked higher up.

Like I mentioned here we had a very easy run:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpo...&postcount=101

A bit further but there were a lot of things we got out of the day - more than we should've but 'twas a fun road trip.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection