Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers: Heroes [FF]

Megatron Guest

Default Transformers: Heroes [FF]

I finally got the chance to write the first chapter of my first Transformers fan fic, and I've decided to share it with everyone here (seeing what such awesome people you all are ). Oh and in case you're wondering, it has no connection whatsoever to my Transform Photo Comics.

Story Notes:
    Although this story takes a lot of things from the G1 cartoon, it is by no means strictly G1 toon oriented and introduces characters and/or ideas from other continuities (Sentinel Prime, Jhiaxus, Thunderblast and Rook are examples). Set primarily on Cybertron and Alternity City, it also deviates from certain key elements common in Transformers canon. For one thing, the general consensus that all Autobots are good and all Decepticons are bad is challenged, and a new meaning to the motivations behind their conflict is offered (which is a recurring theme in my Heroic Decepticons Alternate Universes). Some personalities have been altered from their original profiles as a necessity and their characters developed to a much deeper level than the original cartoon allowed (Megatron being the most obvious example).

Introduction:
    A century ago, the eons-old war between the Autobots and the Decepticons suddenly and inexplicably came to an end. Since then, many have gone their separate ways, whilst others still hold onto the bitter memories of war. Now, as Autobots and Neutrals join forces in a new directive to capture every Decepticon still left alive, it appears that the Autobots will finally get their chance to even the score, and defeat their enemies once and for all. But when they become the target of seemingly random, yet terrifying attacks, some begin to realize that the enemy may be much closer to home than anyone could have ever imagined.

Genre: Action/Drama/Suspense
    Rating: PG/M

This story is long. Chapter 1 alone is just over 10k words, and each following chapter will be about the same length, so if you would like to read it, here're the links:

Tranformers: Heroes on Lexicon

Transformers: Heroes on FFN
    Last edited by Megatron; 18th April 2020 at 09:44 PM.

Ooh! - I'll have to bookmark this & add it to my ever growing list of things to read!

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Ooh! - I'll have to bookmark this & add it to my ever growing list of things to read!
    That'd be awesome, when you get the time!

Sorry it's not anything BW (since I know you are a fan of the series), but Soundwave will be starring in future chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    That'd be awesome, when you get the time!

Sorry it's not anything BW (since I know you are a fan of the series), but Soundwave will be starring in future chapters.
    You've nothing to apologise for dude - Whilst I love BW it's certainly not my be-all & end-all; G1, Animated, Prime & to a lesser extent BM and the Unicron Trilogy, they're all fine by me.

Very glad to hear that Soundwave will be making an appearance too!

That's really good work there. Keep it up Megs.

Megatron Guest

Default Chapter 2

Chapter 2 to this story is finally up, after more than three years () of being away from writing fan fiction. Well, now I'm back, and better than ever.

Here's a small extract from Chapter 2. If you like it and want to read the fic from the beginning, please follow the link in the first post or in my signature. Your thoughts and comments are appreciated, but please do not post any spoilers here! Thank you.

Dirge led the way out of the control room and back into the tunnel. "Ah, frag."

"What's the matter?" Thrust asked behind him, but as he stepped out into the hall with the others, his question was answered. He and his team mates became suddenly aware that they were completely surrounded by Base security. Several laser weapons were pointed directly at them.

"Disarm your weapons, and stay where you are," the leader of the Base security team commanded them.

The four jets looked to Dirge for guidance. For a moment it appeared as though he would surrender, but as he slowly began to retract his blaster, stealing a glance at his team mates behind him, he lunged forward and slammed against the leading security mech with the full force of his body weight. "Disarm this!" His anger had been roused, and his optics had changed color to a darker yellow. The security mech gave way easily, struggling against the weight of his opponent as they both impacted the ground.

Dirge's brash move was just the cue that Ramjet needed, and before the other security mechs had time to react he was crashing through three of them at once, throwing them off their feet and driving them backwards into the bulkhead wall, head-first. At the same time his other team mates opened fire, and soon the tunnel was a frenzy of laser blasts, scorched by power surges as searing plasma came into contact with electrical conduit.

Last edited by Megatron; 18th April 2020 at 09:45 PM.

Megatron Guest

Chapters 3 and 4 have been posted and are ready to view, both at Lexicon and FanFiction.net.

Hope you enjoy, and be sure to leave some feedback either there or here if you feel so inclined.

A new series is also in the works, as well as a parody.

Updated 12/10:

Chapter 5 and 6 now up.

Here are the links to each chapter:

Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Chapter 4
    Chapter 5
    Chapter 6

Here's my unrelated parody posted up at FF.net:

Transformers: Energon Cubes NO LONGER AVAILABLE

It is just a bit of silliness. Autobots be warned.
    Last edited by Megatron; 25th February 2018 at 10:51 AM.

Megatron Guest

Chapters 7 is up, and will be followed by Chapter 8 as soon as Lexicon updates.

Chapter 7
    Chapter 8

Or you can read it all here: FF.net TF: Heroes.

Please let me know if any of the links do not work. Thanks!

Edit: Here's a summary of each chapter so far:

Chapter 1:
    In this introductory chapter, the stage is set and some major players are introduced, as well as some important locations. Elita One is fed up with her current mission and returns to Cybertron. Megatron boldly confronts Optimus Prime about the Autobot-Neutral Alliance, but the latter is determined to abide by High Council directives. Sideswipe and Arcee unexpectedly cross paths, while Red Alert asks Ratchet some difficult questions regarding events surrounding the Dark Plague. Optimus does some soul searching and reassesses current events before making an unusual request of one of his most trusted officers.

Chapter 2:
    On Alternity City, five Decepticon jets infiltrate the Subterranean Base to deliver a message, and avoid capture thanks to unexpected help. On Cybertron, Optimus informs his team of the High Council's new directive, while Elita requests a new mission. Jazz begins his investigation, while Ratchet surprises Red Alert with a promotion. The mini-bots are introduced, and a fun night out helps bring out some resentments.

Chapter 3:
    In a bold move, Elita One takes matters into her own hands and defies authority. Prowl discovers the horrific assault of an Autobot, which leads to an arrest, and a friendly femme returns to Iacon Central.

Chapter 4:
    Arcee finds her calling, whilst Groove's life is left in Red Alert?s care. Jazz interrogates a Decepticon prisoner and begins to suspect his innocence, but when the High Council interferes with an expedited conviction, he takes extreme action in a desperate attempt to save the prisoner's life. Meanwhile on Alternity City, Jhiaxus' assistant is forced to leave the Base against his will, and Elita One is faced with a crisis.

Chapter 5:
    Jazz pulls off an incredible feat with some unlikely help. Rook is forced to confront some long buried truths, and must make a decision that will change his life forever.

Chapter 6:
    Ratchet is tormented by past memories and the loss of his best friend, while Jazz must face the consequences of his actions. Optimus Prime leads a new mission to secure Darkmount. Elita and her crew set up a temporary base, and Thunderblast meets up with a troubled seeker.

Chapter 7:
    On Alternity City, a bounty hunter corners his prey, whilst an unlikely ally helps Elita and her best friend acquire some much needed energy. Thunderblast has a run-in with a mysterious mech and his companion. On Cybertron, the team of Autobots led by Optimus Prime find themselves in a most unexpected situation, while an estranged Autobot warrior discovers some disturbing truths about the Alliance.

Chapter 8:
    Groove is hanging on to life by a thread. Sideswipe returns to Iacon Central only to be met with resistance, but is given a message which will change the course of his life. Optimus must make a difficult decision. An old enemy shows up in Binaltech, but the resulting skirmish helps resolve a matter of trust.
    Last edited by Megatron; 18th April 2020 at 09:46 PM.

Megatron Guest

Chapter 9:
    Ratchet and Hot Rod experience puzzling visions, as Optimus Prime begins to question some long-held beliefs. Jazz searches for some answers from a former spy. On Alternity City, a dying Autobot unexpectedly crosses paths with a mysterious, lone Decepticon.

~

Please make sure that you read the chapters in the right sequence, to avoid spoilers!

I hope you enjoy and thanks for reading!

More fan fiction to be posted soon.
    Last edited by Megatron; 25th June 2019 at 02:10 PM.

Megatron Guest

Default Chapter 10

Chapter 10:
    Optimus Prime confides in his former mentor about his doubts, while Sideswipe demands some answers in a confrontation with the leader of the Neutrals. Ratchet's cryptic vision leads him to make an unexpected discovery. Jazz ventures into Decepticon territory, but his mission is jeopardized when a vengeful Streetwise interferes. On Alternity City, an Autobot and a Decepticon exchange truths as an unlikely friendship begins to develop, while Thunderblast is up to her usual tricks again.

Transformers: Heroes on FanFiction.net. You can select Chapter 10 (or the required chapter) from the drop down menu at top right.

This story has passed the 100K words mark. There's probably still another 100K to go, however, before the first part of the extended story arc is completed.