Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ID help - Astro Magnum KO?

Megatron Guest

Default ID help - Astro Magnum KO?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    +1 QFT. Though technically speaking it's not a Transformer either. It's a legitimate pre-Transformer. But Shockwave has appeared in his Astro Magnum colours in legit Transformers artwork before...
    http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/0/0c/St...BattleCons.jpg
    Oh, I know who AM is. From the info I could gather, the version of the toy I got is a KO version of Astro Magnum (who is a legit pre-Tf as you said). Apparently, it was a Taiwanese/Italian only release. So I'm not 100% sure, but if you or anyone else here could tell me for certain whether it is a KO or not that would be much appreciated. This is the exact one:

(That's cool art work btw!)

Note: I wasn't sure whether to put this thread in the Unauthorised Transformers Products forum but since this toy is vintage I thought it would be okay to put in this section.

Are the thighs plastic or metal? They should be metal. Otherwise it looks the same as the one I had as a kid... but maybe my memory's fuzzy... I haven't seen my Astro Magnum in over a decade No idea about the box... that I haven't seen in over 26-27 years!

I only have this rather fuzzy photo of my Astro Magnum:

I still have the original photograph... I might see if I can scan it in at a higher resolution (won't be able to do it until next week though)
    P.S. ignore the mid-arms... they were entirely covered in blu tac after my mum stepped on the toy in 1987

Megatron Guest

The actual thighs are plastic (though the inner thigh springs and the thick joining rod are metal).

Also, the only indication as to who the manufacturer is are the letters "HK." There's also no Copyright mark, trade mark or anything like that.

So you don't have yours anymore? Sorry to hear that your mum stepped on it .

Hmmm from memory, my neighbor owned an Astro Magnum and as far as I remember the thighs are metal and the pink plastic of the hand and gun is light. It also says magnoid and thorp on the switch at the backpack for the choice on sound effects.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Megatron Guest

Thanks for the info, liege. Then the one I have is definitely different, because it has the words "Vulcan" and "Magnum" for the sound effects switch.

Here's my Astro Magnum. The clear parts are a light pink and there are quite a few stickers already factory applied. The label on the back says 'Bulcan' and 'Magnum'. The only stamping is a Toyco logo on the inside right leg.
    I've seen another style of box with vertical artwork but as far as I know the toy inside is the same.

Megatron Guest

Ahh.. mine must be a KO then... since it's not a ToyCo one. Yours looks awesome btw, a really nice specimen. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Here's my Astro Magnum. The clear parts are a light pink and there are quite a few stickers already factory applied. The label on the back says 'Bulcan' and 'Magnum'. The only stamping is a Toyco logo on the inside right leg.
    I've seen another style of box with vertical artwork but as far as I know the toy inside is the same.

Thats the one I had as a kid. Had all the metal and in that colour. Every bit as good as Shockwave. The other one with the plastic I saw once at the easter show.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Oh, I know who AM is. From the info I could gather, the version of the toy I got is a KO version of Astro Magnum (who is a legit pre-Tf as you said). Apparently, it was a Taiwanese/Italian only release. So I'm not 100% sure, but if you or anyone else here could tell me for certain whether it is a KO or not that would be much appreciated. This is the exact one:

(That's cool art work btw!)

Note: I wasn't sure whether to put this thread in the Unauthorised Transformers Products forum but since this toy is vintage I thought it would be okay to put in this section.
    Yup that's the KO alright, I know cause I got one from the Easter Show when I was a kid. It was a gift from one of my mums (then new) friends. Always wondered why I got such a big toy without and occasion.

KO or not I still have fond memories of Astro Magnum, true he didn't stand the test of time, but he lived longer than Jazz.

Megatron Guest

What is this Easter Show? Something for Sydneysiders?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    KO or not I still have fond memories of Astro Magnum, true he didn't stand the test of time, but he lived longer than Jazz.
    Poor AM, and Jazz!