• Average

6 11.54%
  • Not very good

2 3.85%
  • I refuse to have anything to do with it

1 1.92%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (JAN-2013) Entire Hasbro Generation 1 Era - Rate it

I'm not inclined to say Best Ever, as watching back over the cartoons, you realise how they were clearly designed for syndication, and the writing in each episode doesn't really hold up to today's standards (although that judgement is a little unfair as standards and the aim of television was a little different 30 years ago).

However it was the one that set the standard. Everything we've had ever since is all because of, and in some ways reflects, what came in G1. And as an older fan, only getting into the original comics now, thanks to the IDW reprints, all I can say is WOW!

The way the toy line was managed also seems to be better than it is managed these days as well. A 6-7 year toy line with minimal repeat of characters is virtually unheard in current toy practices, and is something I wish they could get back to in part.

im a fan of g1 as a whole but its more of a nostalgia hit these days. The 86 movie is the best part for me, but im a beast guy.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

The Transformers G1 series has certainly stood the test of time with more fans today than ever. I agree the cartoon series, comics and toys all had their flaws. However growing up, the Transformers series was/is definitely the most memorable series to me...

"Best Series ever"

Ahhh, G1, memories, my brother taking me to Hoyts to watch the movie on the big screen, then taking me to Kmart and asking me which TF i'd like to take home. Some of the best memories of my childhood right there.

Did you watch it at Hoyts George St? Cos that's where I saw it. I've also seen the 2007 TF movie and Dark of the Moon at the same location (it's since become Event Cinemas)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Did you watch it at Hoyts George St? Cos that's where I saw it. I've also seen the 2007 TF movie and Dark of the Moon at the same location (it's since become Event Cinemas)
    Hey, it was at Fairfield Forum. It went on to become an independent cinema and then shut down. I still get a buZz when I walk past it. Kmart also used to have restaurants called Holly's. And Venture at Liverpool, next to the RsL. I'm sad thinking of it now