Thread: Finding a workable Classics Wheeljack base figure

Default Finding a workable Classics Wheeljack base figure

So. This is another thing I want to try out. Question is though - what would be a good TF to use as the base figure? I was going to use SL/Energon Wheeljack/Downshift but upon inspection of STL's I decided that he was a bit MASSIVE in comparison to the other classics figs.

SO, what do you guys reckon would be a suiting base figure for him?

Discuss discuss! Ideas Ideas!
    Thanks guys

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Ignore me if you want to but I think Energon Wheeljack would make a great Classics Wheeljack.

If I had customising skills , I would trim his feet down (they look like clown feet ), See if I could do something to give his knees a bit more articulation, Paint the light-piping at the back of his head translucent-blue & he'd be well on his way to fitting in with his fellow Classics 'bots.

Um... so you guys are talking about Energon/Cybertron Downshift, right? (I agree that the character should've been named Wheeljack and that Armada Wheeljack should've been named Rampage, but sadly that isn't the case)

I think the Cybertron Downshift mould is better between the two. Might be easier to find if you can get a movie Big Daddy (basically same mould).

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Yes his bot mode is fine for Classics (that's why mine is displayed amongst the rest of the Classics) and those alterations Pulse mentioned would be perfect.

His alt mode is a little large though. Just don't transform him.

It's Energon Wheeljack for me. Unlike Aaron Archer I know the difference between a "carjack" and a "wheeljack"

Moot point for me, anyway - I have Superlink Wheeljack

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

My original bet was Cybertron Downshift/TFM Big Daddy. The head mold makes sense and a few mods to the reaer end for a spoiler and colour change, it could work well. However, I'd hold out. Classics 2.0 seems to be covering most of the first wave of G1 toys. If you're going to go for one, go for a more obscure figure that's unlikely.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection