Thread: Transformers: Animated Ratings are in

Default Transformers: Animated Ratings are in

Bad news for all of you who were hoping TF:Animated would not rate well, and be pulled from the air:
    it's the #1 show in it's time period across all TV channels in the USA.

Also improved Cartoon Network's overall viewer-ship for the same time in 2007 by over 50%!

Looks like Animated is here to stay!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

groovy, more chin action to come!

Rating well in the U.S will not change my opinion of Transformers animation. I'd like to see the age spread on that. Last but not least I think it's called morbid fascination, you see people go past a car crash and they all have the old rubber knecks happening, we'll see how it rates in 6-12 months to see if it's really successful.

This is not really a surprise and was expected.

Despite my issues with it, it does happen to be better than most of the junk that you see in cartoon network even if it still follows the same crappy animation style.

Also I have learned that if the US is raving about something it doesn't necessarily mean its good EG: Spider-Man 3, Pirates 3, Movie Leader Brawl!!)

Animated has stepped into territory that I don't necessarily like for Transformers (stylized animation, Super hero plot) but its last episode has proven that it can tell a decent story within those limitations (which i see as restrictions) unlike the fairly crappy 'movie' first episode.
    ________
    Green crack pictures
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:33 PM.

i watched the first episode yesterday (haven't finish yet)... OMG!! I dunno if I should hate it or give it time...

Though the characters seems to be quite established... they seem very childish! or maybe it's just bumblebee :/

anyway, I'll go catch the rest tonight

In TV.com, its been currently ranked as 22. Do hope it will rise higher in weeks and episodes to come...

http://www.tv.com/animation/genre/2/...bnav;animation

Its just early days as well for the show. I suspect people will watch it at the moment and then decide that they don't like it and the ratings could well drop off.

When it comes out here, I wonder if they will have the old "Number one rating show in the US!" spiel......

Nah, never bother advertising Transformers, that would be too much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Its just early days as well for the show. I suspect people will watch it at the moment and then decide that they don't like it and the ratings could well drop off.
    That is the most likely outcome that I foresee. While it may be a decent show, it just doesn't live up to G1's standards. Let alone Beast Wars... *day dreams*

Australian Television advertises every single new show as "Number one rating show in the US!" and most of the time the show gets pulled off after a couple of weeks or sent to an absurd time slot.
    ________
    Vaporizer help
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:34 PM.