Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help

Default Need Help

To continue with the investigation of your complaint, we must request documentation to support your claim that the item is not authentic. Please obtain a document from an unbiased, third-party, such as a dealer, appraiser, or an organization that is qualified in the area of the item in question (other than yourself), which clearly identifies the item as not authentic. The document must specifically state how the item received differs from an authentic item and must include a detailed explanation of how the person evaluating the item determined that it is not authentic. If possible, the document should include a serial number, and must be on letterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of the business or organization so that PayPal may contact them if necessary.
    In a recent ebay transaction someone sold me some KO cassettes labeled as vintage. As I'm not going to let them get away with it can anyone provide me with such a document to prove the differences or point me in the right direction. The cassettes are Ratbat, Ravage and Buzzsaw.

Well i believe that "OZFormers" is an organization qualified in the area to support your claim.
    Pics of them?
    Link to the sale?

mayhaps Gok can help.... he's one of the meticulous resource persons I know who can provide dissertation like analysis and explanations to point out differences between an original and fake TF. Wish Ozformers has a letterhead though.... would need Griffins approval of course hehehe. Or ask Tiby he's a lawyer AND a certified TF collector at the same time - sorry couldnt provide much help only can try and point you to some more " resource person" types I know.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Check out Fred's Transformers Variants and Variations Page - it covers all the legit variants and variations of Transformers and w/ lots of photos.

http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/vquanda.html

Good luck

PS: This thread from TFW2005 apparently has photos of KO cassettes.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 7th July 2008 at 11:02 AM.

With Ratbat its easy. If he doesn't fit in a G1 (original) Soundwave chest then its fake. I know that one from experience as I was also duped in getting a fake 'vintage' KO.

Maybe try contacting Hasbro themselves? With their recent trend in cracking down, they might yet support you. I'm not sure where else we can get anything official other than the list of websites from the above that other guys have mentioned. Best of luck, man. It makes me worried too. Ratbat is one of the few I really want but don't trust anyone enough to ever take the risk.

Hopefully Takara re-releases him at some point.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Just out of curiosity were these loose or carded?

If loose, this is what I was worried about, KO's sellers busting them out of the packets and selling them loose and passed off as originals.

Best of luck with your claim though.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Yeah, especially some of those KO stickers... they've been lifted and scratched, like the seller has tried to "age" them. That's worrying!

This sux Gamblor. Best of luck!

They were loose. I was only after a decent Buzzsaw and I saw the seller had others as well.
    As for identifying them I saw straight away they were KOs when I opened the package. I have plenty of real ones to compare them with so it was easy to spot. The problem is proving it to paypal through a third party.