Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need Help

Thanks for the info guys, I'll just fire off a few letters and things and see how it goes. It's not really a big loss, I'm just disappointed at the seller's attitude and the hoops paypal make you jump through to get things done.
    I just have one lot to come plus maybe some weapons and things but for the most part I think I'm done with ebay.

I want to take a break from Ebay too but when I do, crap that I want appears at excellent prices!

Damn you Skystalker, I need you!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I want to take a break from Ebay too but when I do, crap that I want appears at excellent prices!
    Ain't that the truth!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Getting back to how E-Bay shouldn't be selling any TF's that aren't genuine TF's ...

What about customs? They're not exactly genuine TF's and the homeages certaintly aren't licensed.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    What about customs? They're not exactly genuine TF's and the homeages certaintly aren't licensed.
    While strictly speaking they classify as a breach of copyright, they'd likely be let alone by Hasbro since they're art rather than for-profit copying. Plus the originals are legit anyway

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

It depends on the custom - primarily depending on if the character is an infringement of copyright. If you were to kitbash a schoolbus that transformed into a robot using bits of models and action figures (e.g. Gundam, Transformers etc) then it's not a breech of copyright afaik. But if you were to make and sell say Masterpiece Swoop, then yes, that is a breech of copyright because that character is a copyright trademark (and that includes name and likeness).

Years ago ToyFare magazine published an article where eBay staff stated that such customs were illegal and that such action would be taken if such auctions are brought to the attention of eBay staff - I imagine that they usually just cancel the auction.

But as dirge said, I don't think it's something that Hasbro is specifically targetting.