View Poll Results: Poll: TFM Mudflap or TFM Inferno?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Inferno

4 20.00%
  • Mudflap

6 30.00%
  • Both

2 10.00%
  • I like Machine Men

8 40.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TFM Mudflap or Inferno?

Mudflap is a solid toy, albeit a bit bright. Inferno is gimmicky and has a disproportionate and silly looking robot mode.

The reason I asked this question is cos I just cracked mine open. I recall both being mediocre toys at best, Red Alert being pretty joe average. However, last night when I opened them, I was very very impressed with Inferno. He's a far better toy than I anticipated by a long shot. Sure, he's still disproportionate but he's a far better toy than I ever remembered him being. The red's really nice and the clear blue plastic is wicked.

I still think Mudflap is better tho. Inferno's head being apparent in alt mode, his strange proportions and flat coloured side windows weigh him down. Just surprised how much I'd rate Inferno. I'm not sure if it's the paint job or what but jsut wanted to see what others thought.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Time for Reprolabels to have stickers to soften the yellow and make Mudflap pretty
    *hehe*

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    Time for Reprolabels to have stickers to soften the yellow and make Mudflap pretty
    *hehe*
    Well, the reason why I like Mudflap is b/c he's going straight to the Classics part of my collection. Gonna ask lcz128 to repaint the face and we'll have G1 Erector.
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

You're really missing your GF, aren't you STL?

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    You're really missing your GF, aren't you STL?
    Galaxy Force? Yeah, ' course. I won't be complete without them.

Do you have Galaxy Force on DVD? I think it's reasonably decent series - JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Do you have Galaxy Force on DVD? I think it's reasonably decent series - JMO.
    Nope. I think a boxset is due out later this year from the US. I might just hunt that down. I'll try and borrow it first tho. From what i've seen so far, it's pretty cringeworthy w/out the same kind of payoffs we're having in Animated (which I'm only half way thru the last ep of - and boy is it good)

passed both in their original, pass on them both still. MAchine men all the way!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I'm really loving Mudflap more and more. He's so solid. Every joint on mine is so stiff and beautifully ratcheted.

Inferno is a bit more flimsy. I really dig the Inferno gimmick where the gun flicks out and it makes the sounds. But, if I don't tighten the gun after doing so, it comes flying off on the second triggering.

There's a beautiful mix of symmetry and asymmetry in Mudflap. I like how they chose to make the hinge that unfolds the head work the same way the front and back of the crane lift off the chassis. You'd expect a more standard, flip out the chest, flip up the head. It seems like a nice touch. I dig the subtle waist articulation as well.

In Inferno's instructions, while in robot mode, it says you can take one of the back panels of the alt mode and turn it and flip it out so it is parallel to the ground to place the mini-con on behind the flip-up transparent plastic. This is seemingly impossible with my figure as the roof of the alt mode is in the way and prevents me from doing so. What am I doing wrong?

I understand the complaints about the brightness of mudflap. I wish it was a darker yellow, or at least they added some other color besides that and white in the robot mode. However, for the alt mode, as I mentioned elsewhere, yellow is a very common color for a crane.

Of all the Movie Cybetron repaints, Mudflap is my favorite.