View Poll Results: Poll: TFM Mudflap or TFM Inferno?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Inferno

4 20.00%
  • Mudflap

6 30.00%
  • Both

2 10.00%
  • I like Machine Men

8 40.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TFM Mudflap or Inferno?

With Inferno, I can only get it to about 30 degrees to the horizontal. The legs get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Of all the Movie Cybetron repaints, Mudflap is my favorite.
    I think you would've loved many of the Cybertron toys.
    Last edited by STL; 9th July 2008 at 12:29 AM.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

isn't it called "erector" not mudflap... haha

I just learnt that Inferno is Armada version? It's doesn't come across as a duplicate figure to me since I don't collect Armada. :P So it's kinda considered new to me. But I certainly prefer the cybertron Mudflap's colour.

Then again, we crazy fellas will most probably buy both anyway. Just for character's sake.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    In Inferno's instructions, while in robot mode, it says you can take one of the back panels of the alt mode and turn it and flip it out so it is parallel to the ground to place the mini-con on behind the flip-up transparent plastic. This is seemingly impossible with my figure as the roof of the alt mode is in the way and prevents me from doing so. What am I doing wrong?
    I had the same problem. Couldn't get it parallel to the ground at all. I tried different things but to no avail.

Mudflap is a great figure. All Cybertron toys that's Voyager or higher has a great solid feel to them and great joints. They really feel almost indestructible. I'm bummed I had second thoughts on getting GF Vector Prime and Quickmix recently. Anyway, I am happy with original Mudflap so I left the butter block repaint on the shelf. Although if I never had the original I'd have picked it up in a heartbeat.

Inferno has a great alt mode and nice gimmicks but unfortunately conversion and robot mode looks a little poor. I expect Legends figures like that but not Voyagers. I guess it's an old mold though.

Was going to try and make one last ditch effort to get an Inferno, sadly my partner had to be hospitalized while I was at work, so naturally I abandoned my planned hunt, she's been discharged and all seems well, and with work + our anniversary this week I doubt I'll be able to pick one up before the Big W catalogue runs out, still there's Targets next

I'm not 100% sure, but I think TFM Mudflap & Inferno are both TRU exclusives. Never seen them anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think TFM Mudflap & Inferno are both TRU exclusives. Never seen them anywhere else.
    price match

I would have gotte Mudflap if they had made him an Autobot and called him Erector or at least made the Bio something that represents Erector.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I would have gotte Mudflap if they had made him an Autobot and called him Erector or at least made the Bio something that represents Erector.
    Why not just re-name him yourself? It doesn't mean that Hasbro's dropped the ball, you have to.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Why not just re-name him yourself? It doesn't mean that Hasbro's dropped the ball, you have to.
    Yeah but that's pushing it as I personally don't care for the mold or the repaint. As a character motivated collector, the representation of the character is important.

So just say that there is nothing that attracts me to the toy, nothing at all but if Hasbro had made him Erector, that would have made me turn my head.