Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1626313233343536

Thread: Hot Toys and other 1/6 scale figures!

I've bought figures on pre-order from Popcultcha. Their service is pretty good, although among the last few orders I've placed, RotJ Luke and RotS Obi-Wan have been delayed. To be fair, these were likely due to shipping or other logistics delays.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Is a shame that manufactures are getting away with list pre orders over six months ahead. I wished something could be done to put a hammer down on such releases.

Even companies like Bandai should not be listing items over six months ahead. I think is a cash grab and I know this is a hard thing to say but we could get into accidents and die without even seeing the toy. I for one feel customers are taken for a ride and in many ways being bullied. Is sad that sometimes the Fandom don't see the issue and ONLY care about ordering and securing a toy.
    On the other hand, you have to put down deposits for 'pre-orders' on things like cars and houses.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I've bought figures on pre-order from Popcultcha. Their service is pretty good, although among the last few orders I've placed, RotJ Luke and RotS Obi-Wan have been delayed. To be fair, these were likely due to shipping or other logistics delays.

On the other hand, you have to put down deposits for 'pre-orders' on things like cars and houses.
    Lets be very realistic, Cars, houses are big items, requires a Signature.
    Are you seriously thinking THIS is the correct direction for Pre order for toys? You know six months away is a huge jump in time right? You can predict life and death? So my money should have been in the bank collecting interest.

What about Fantoys Berserk? You think a company would be more responsible to say they canned the production? And heres the thing its been over two years, ANYONE who deposit anything you cant claim a cent back? IS THIS FAIR?

Hate to say it, please stop making excuses to support unethical practices. We let fandom overtook what is right.

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So I started collecting Hot Toys and other 1/6 scale figures, these days what is a good image hosting site or whatever now Photobucket charge etc?

I now have somewhere to display and would like to post some.

imgur

Within the last two weeks, I got DX Bruce Lee on Gumtree, and my Obi-Wan preorder came in.