Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: FrenzyRumble FOC Grimlock customising class

Got my kit yesterday...

DSC_0775 by M-bot2011, on Flickr
    Paints, brushes, some epoxy putty, and of course the figure, pre-primed a dull grey. The smaller pieces (toes and dino forearms) as well.
    I'm missing a toe!! Lancalot, if you get three, do a brother a favour... I'll contact FR to see if he has any spares. Making up ~50 of these kits means it's likely that there will be a couple of bits missing somewhere along the line. I guess I was unlucky.

DSC_0776 by M-bot2011, on Flickr
    Also in the kit are the custom head (front half anyway), and his weapons, partially pre-painted with an airbrush to get that 'glow' effect.

The website where the finished product (hoping mine will come close to looking like it anyway...) is at http://www.frenzyrumble.com/customizing/A01/ This is the site for the videos as well, but they're password protected, and no, I'm not sharing.

I'm hoping (against all hope) to get started next week, but I've got a pile of work to do at home and a newborn at home so no sleep and hard to get anything done. WIP photos along the way, of course.

so jealous didn't get mine one yet ??
    Your missing a toe if my come with a spare then it yours..

Looks awesome in the finished product. Wish I had the money to get this beauty.
    The Takara version is tempting me though.

thanks for sharing this M-bot... i've been curious as to what the kit came with.

i'm really looking forward to seeing your progress!

goodluck

To heck with the housework! Couldn't wait to get started. Part of the prep work is gap filling - using epoxy putty to fill in and smooth out areas where pins and screws normally go. It may sound silly, but I never realised (or paid attention to) how many holes there are in a figure.

I've filled 46 different gaps (would have been 47 had I all the toes!), ranging from pin holes to gaps in the mould where they have conserved plastic (ie the underside of the toes, the inside of the top of the leg). For these larger gaps, I filled the bulk of them with black plasticine to conserve the valuable epoxy putty.

Pics:

DSC_0776 by M-bot2011, on Flickr
    Some of these areas still need trimming back/sanding. If they don't come up looking nice, I'll scuff them up as battle damage.

DSC_0775 by M-bot2011, on Flickr
    You can see these gaps at the tops of the legs, filled first with plasticine, then the epoxy putty.

DSC_0780 by M-bot2011, on Flickr
    My Grimlock has 5 toes. Hoping to get a replacement!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    To heck with the housework! Couldn't wait to get started. Part of the prep work is gap filling - using epoxy putty to fill in and smooth out areas where pins and screws normally go. It may sound silly, but I never realised (or paid attention to) how many holes there are in a figure.

I've filled 46 different gaps (would have been 47 had I all the toes!), ranging from pin holes to gaps in the mould where they have conserved plastic (ie the underside of the toes, the inside of the top of the leg). For these larger gaps, I filled the bulk of them with black plasticine to conserve the valuable epoxy putty.
    Cool...that a good tip man my still hasn't came...

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    Cool...that a good tip man my still hasn't came...
    Surely it has to come soon? Feeling your frustration mate.

My finally came!! woohooo...no spare toes here man

Glad yours came - update us when you start off, I'm keen to hear how you go, WIP pics too if you are so inclined.

Hoping you got my extra toe was a very long shot - I'm emailing FR shortly...

ill start him tomorrow....filling in the gap right!! ahhaha
    If worst case scenario i got a spare FOC grimlock that u can have for cost ..