Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: FrenzyRumble FOC Grimlock customising class

I think FR said at the end of the 19th video that there would be more, finishing up the model, ie the alternate head, etc. my head only has a front, and the back of the model's head doesn't quite line up to the alternate front. Maybe a job for the epoxy clay!

Speaking of which, I found another eBay seller with the Aves product (actually a whole range of them, including smaller quantities and different consistencies and colours): http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_o...at=0&_from=R40
    I STILL haven't heard from the UK seller re postage. It's like they don't want my business at all.

But damn! Lancalot, yours is looking very good!

Got to agree with M there Lancelot, that figure's turning out real nice!

OMG that is looking freakin' amazing man! Great work! What is the secret to getting the glowing effect?

Lancelot, is the glow effect produced by getting a white-ish base dry and then covering it in red and wiping some of it off before the red dries so the white 'shines' through?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Lancelot, is the glow effect produced by getting a white-ish base dry and then covering it in red and wiping some of it off before the red dries so the white 'shines' through?
    Nah that be too hard ,you might wipe eventhing off and it would effect the base layer
    ....it actually the oppsite ....paint red with little white added as base big circle....then add more white to the red and paint the next layer in a smaller circle(inside the first circle) ...then the next layer add even whiter in a smaller circle then that ... usually up to the third small circle you run out of space ....then run a pure red wash (watery) around the first base outline only...
    And that it......

AAARRRAAHHH!!! i just found out something...The rubbing areas!! they chip away the paint !! m-bot before u do anything else bro...start sanding down all the rubbing areas , i've to start sanding them down now and repainting him ...
    The main area are the tail rubbing in the inside of the leg ....
    the two dot on the feet...
    and the thighs , i putty to much on the inside !...
    and also the claw the one that has two ..the stick in the middle that joins them , there a bump there that you should sand down... it rub against the main arm..

just the pain of repainting!!

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    AAARRRAAHHH!!! i just found out something...The rubbing areas!! they chip away the paint !! m-bot before u do anything else bro...start sanding down all the rubbing areas , i've to start sanding them down now and repainting him ...
    The main area are the tail rubbing in the inside of the leg ....
    the two dot on the feet...
    and the thighs , i putty to much on the inside !...
    and also the claw the one that has two ..the stick in the middle that joins them , there a bump there that you should sand down... it rub against the main arm..

just the pain of repainting!!
    Thanks for the tips! I didn't paint the spots on the dino toes, and I sanded down the filler on the inside of the legs. I've only base painted the legs so I'll check those spots extra carefully.

Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    Nah that be too hard ,you might wipe eventhing off and it would effect the base layer
    ....it actually the oppsite ....paint red with little white added as base big circle....then add more white to the red and paint the next layer in a smaller circle(inside the first circle) ...then the next layer add even whiter in a smaller circle then that ... usually up to the third small circle you run out of space ....then run a pure red wash (watery) around the first base outline only...
    And that it......
    Ahhh, nice tip!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Awesome tips Lancelot, thanks very much for that. Brilliant result, can't wait to see the finished product!

here my weapons painted ....looks abit dull so im planing to give it a orange clear coat later to lift it up....