Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Class METROPLEX

Quote Originally Posted by Fagnar1 View Post
    Looks great. Don't have a Metroplex as I have been waiting for an updated version with great looks and modern engineering.....just like this one.
    Plus it's taller than Fort Max to boot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Plus it's taller than Fort Max to boot!!!
    Dies that feel a bit wrong to anyone else? lol.

After so many years, we end up with a taller figure, although it appears to be a LOT less bulky!

So, that makes 1x Fort Max + 1x Metroplex + 3x Datsun's + 2x Cassette's + 2x Voyager Triple Changers + 4x Deluxe Generation's still to come this year. In other words, I'm going to be broke.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    So, that makes 1x Fort Max + 1x Metroplex + 3x Datsun's + 2x Cassette's + 2x Voyager Triple Changers + 4x Deluxe Generation's still to come this year. In other words, I'm going to be broke.
    Bingo. Don't worry. It's pretty much all of us.

This thing pretty much speaks for itself. Hopefully it won't be too much locally.

If I didn't have G1 Metroplex, and if I had room...

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Definitely the real stand out figure for me so far. The others are good, but this guy looks pretty damn awesome!

I'm in the minority, in that I feel disappointed.
    It pretty much copies the transformation of the original Metroplex in both modes, so hasn't utilised 25 years of engineering and design advances, to make something out of such big square limbs (as mentioned above, the city mode should have had stuff folding out to fill up space, instead of just looking like a robot doing the splits).
    If anything, it has made Gen1 Metroplex look better, because this one has a "stomach" section added in to make the robot look more humanoid in proportions, but has then ruined the other two modes by not collapsing that - it looks wrong having the top half sticking up so high with a huge gap in the middle. The Gen1 version had no gap, so both alt modes sat lower as one block.
    We know Hasbro (TakaraTomy actually) can engineer giant toys well (look at Primus and Unicron)... this is like a step back, almost like they've sacrificed a good transformation just to make the robot mode look good.
    I think they are trying to provide an interactive "playset" (especially in the city mode), but it is still a transforming toy, so I think it should still have a bigger emphasis on the conversion element, so that the different modes, look more different than a robot sitting down or doing the splits.
    Optimus Maximus is a good example of Hasbro producing a "playset", that totally sucks as a convertible toy.

I'm also disappointed that all these FOC toys are coming out so long after the game, which will make them harder to sell - lines that don't have a cartoon, movie or game out don't do well. This could leave us with shelf-warming, making it less likely we see later waves, or this big one that's still six months away.
    Hasbro should have had the toys coming out in the 3-4 months before the game release while all the hype was out there and the promotion of the game, so that these sort of bigger ones (Metroplex and triple-changers) were out soon after the game, and then sold out by Christmas.

Pricing is likely to be close to $200 here, which is cheaper than Fort Max reissue (which has a more complicated transformation into city mode than this), so I think this one will be compared to that when it comes out.

I find it really interesting that a "fashionable and functional helmet" is one of the highlighted features. Definate buy for me but does anyone else think it'll shelf-warm by virtue of its price?

Wow bigger than Fort Max...thats impressive enough.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think they are trying to provide an interactive "playset" (especially in the city mode), but it is still a transforming toy, so I think it should still have a bigger emphasis on the conversion element, so that the different modes, look more different than a robot sitting down or doing the splits.
    Optimus Maximus is a good example of Hasbro producing a "playset", that totally sucks as a convertible toy.

I'm also disappointed that all these FOC toys are coming out so long after the game, which will make them harder to sell - lines that don't have a cartoon, movie or game out don't do well. This could leave us with shelf-warming, making it less likely we see later waves, or this big one that's still six months away.
    Hasbro should have had the toys coming out in the 3-4 months before the game release while all the hype was out there and the promotion of the game, so that these sort of bigger ones (Metroplex and triple-changers) were out soon after the game, and then sold out by Christmas.
    Yeah and the FOC toys will be competing with prime toys as well. You'd think that since they are getting a bit more into the Playset side of things, theyd make Matroplex better than they have done in the city mode. Really, it looks like you have a couple of ramps to roll toys down, a 'helicopter pad' and that's about it. I just hope that it's horribly mistransformed for this display
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink90210 View Post
    I find it really interesting that a "fashionable and functional helmet" is one of the highlighted features. Definate buy for me but does anyone else think it'll shelf-warm by virtue of its price?
    The helmet and pupils are interesting points to push.

I am worried about the price. Especially over here. Wouldn't surprise me if we have to wait for the mid year toy sale (of 2014) before they get it in. The last large playset I remember from Hasbro would be the Millenium falcon one. That only rocked up at the toy sales at 199 I think.

Hopefully amazon will save the day!