Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 465661626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Class METROPLEX

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    (snipped the image)

They are basically both white/grey except Fort Max has blue arms. I think an RID deco would be more significantly different from the current deco and allow Hasbro to show off a bit more of the detail with darker tones. But now I'm getting into the purple and green Darkmount redeco I suggested, lol.
    Darkmount redeco would be awesome, but Im looking at my Fort Max and Metroplex (as seen in the picture). Fort Max is more blue than white only is legs (quad, thins) are white which could easily be replaced by grey on a generations retool.

While there is some grey on the original G1 Metroplex figure, but Generations is mostly white.

A retool would have to have the headmaster components.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Darkmount redeco would be awesome, but Im looking at my Fort Max and Metroplex (as seen in the picture). Fort Max is more blue than white only is legs (quad, thins) are white which could easily be replaced by grey on a generations retool.

While there is some grey on the original G1 Metroplex figure, but Generations is mostly white.

A retool would have to have the headmaster components.
    Well, I don't actually own any version of Fort Max so I'll take you at your word. Looking at pictures I thought the new Metro and the old Fort Max were too similar, but it's obvious the G1 versions of both are significantly different and Generations Metro is pretty close to his G1 deco. So I guess you're right there.

I really think Hasbro could cheap out on the headmaster components if they felt pushed to it just by redecoing Scamper. It would be cheap and would annoy some fans but it would also to some extent make sense. Why make a totally new mold for the sake of a 30 year old gimmick when you already have a (presumably gang-molded) smaller partner to go with the toy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    $199.99 SKN 472352
    Don't forget to take your Target catalogue
    Does TRU still price beat? I don't see it advertised anymore. I think they only price match now.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Does TRU still price beat? I don't see it advertised anymore. I think they only price match now.
    You're right. Only price matching is advertised on their website. Which makes no sense if they're in the same shopping center and the competitor has the item in stock.

Price Match Policy
    Price match is available in store only. Competitor’s product must be in stock at a retail outlet within the same city or town. must be identical (e.g. same brand, model and colour). Competitor’s advertised price must be current. Price Match not available when the competitor’s lower price is due to category or storewide discounts, conditional sales, package deals, trade-ins, damaged stock, demonstration or discontinued lines and loyalty or third party offers. We will not match online retailers, fire or liquidation sales, clearance and warehouse outlets.

Still worth a try though, especially for the stand alone TRU stores like Penrith, Castle Hill & Bankstown
    Last edited by Sinnertwin; 13th October 2013 at 12:41 AM.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

is stupid, is actually tempting me to tell them "Oh you do price match" I go there thanks? Challenge them to call the target store? Give them 5 to piss them to just give it to you.

Make sure you give them the confident "I can name you 5 target stores" and show them the catalogue.

And that you're able to purchase it online & pick it up at your nominated store at the sale price, so having it in stock at Target is irrelevant.

Plus you get flybuy points in Target. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    You're right. Only price matching is advertised on their website. Which makes no sense if they're in the same shopping center and the competitor has the item in stock.

Still worth a try though, especially for the stand alone TRU stores like Penrith, Castle Hill & Bankstown
    The only advantage would be that TRU allows returns/refunds for more than a month and $5 off your next purchase if you provide online survey/feedback within 3 days. It could help with the waiting for the BigW price & $5 less for MP SW and/or Acid Storm.

Sounds like a mission just to get $5 or $10 less. I say do what is convenient to you and comfortable with.

After reading some reviews on Acid Storm, I am really reconsidering whether I need or want it.

Received Takara/Tomy Metroplex today very nice.Metro's speech is in English my only thing was that theres no sticker of the autobots in metro's cockpit like its US counterpart