Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Class METROPLEX

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Referring to the Takara Masterpieces.

Hopefully these sell well enough so we can get metrotitan, fort max, trypticon and scorponok too. Oh the possibilities!

Ah, can't believe that I didn't get the Datsuns and the cassettes were referring to the masterpieces - I think because I have slated my MP Soundwave acquistion to wait until the Hasbro version comes out I had dismissed it out of mind

I think it's great that Fort Max & Metroplex will be of similar stature, it always bugged me when taking photo's of my collection that while Scorponok & Trypticon were comproble, Metroplex next to Fort Max looked like Wheelie next to Ultra Magnus

Since Hasbro continues to cash in on the FOC genre, even putting out tons of toys based on characters that were NOT in the games, hopefully they continue and make some more characters that were IN the WFC/FOC games!

I would love to see:
    Titan: Omega Supreme & Trypticon
    Voyager: Jetfire, Silverbolt, Sludge & Snarl
    Deluxe: Thundercracker, Skywarp, Slipstream, Arcee, Ratchet, Ironhide, Breakdown, Quake, Slag, Swoop, Perceptor & Warpath

but then wouldn't we all

So WANT!!!! Man, with Fort Max added into the equation, this will be an expensive year.

Exciting for sure. Im glad it has the fall of cybertron/G1 aesthetic, although I'm agreeing with the disappointment with the base modes.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    metrotitan would be an awesome idea for a repaint
    I was thinking the same thing, and I reckon it will be likely. They have spent $400k for R&D for this figure, they will want to make full use of it. Even if Hasbro don't make Metrotitan, I am sure Takara will do it.

OHHHH YEAHHHH... drooling right now. Can't wait until its out.

Yeah I have to have him. Like max, postage may be a killer. But im guessing he will be lighter than max. So that may help.

I'm gonna wait until this toy's out and someone's had a chance to properly measure it before going off my handle and declaring that it's "Bigger Than Fortress Maximus!" Things to consider:
    1. The G1 catalogue also claimed that Fortress Maximus is 2 feet (61cm) tall, but in reality he's actually 'only' 55cm. 6cm is a pretty big discrepancy for an action figure. And what about the other dimensions? Fort Max is 41cm wide (42cm in city mode), 59cm long in city mode and 77cm long in battleship mode! Being tall is one thing, but is it tall and bulky or just tall and lanky?
    2. Are they measuring the height from the top of the head, or are they including the antennae? The shoulder cannons seem to rise above those antennae too, so are they measuring up to there? I can understand the logic behind measuring a toy up to it's highest point, it certainly matters when trying to fit big toys onto shelves... but IMO a robot's "true" height is just up to the top of the head -- I guess what I mean is, if FoC Metroplex and Fortress Maximus were to look at each other eye-to-eye, would their eye levels be more or less the same, or would one have to look up at the other?

And height really isn't everything (just look at Beast Machines Cheetor -- the biggest version is the worst, and the smallest one is the best!). As griffin mentioned, while this toy may be tall, it certainly lacks bulk that even G1 Metroplex had more of (despite being about the same size as G1 Ultra Magnus ). Fortress Maximus is really big, but he justifies that size with his bulk (the toy weighs 5kg) and is absolutely packed with all sorts of play features. Fort Max is a play set, not just for small carded TFs like G1 Metroplex was, but also for the larger boxed toys (i.e. the Headmasters and Targetmasters). Cockpit, double Headmaster, LOTS of hidden weapons, rotating radar/sensor array, deployable ramps, 3 Autobot car launchers, a working lift, stairs, prison cell et al. all make Fortress Maximus one mightily impressive toy, even 26 years later! And Encore Fortress Maximus is going to retail for $300 ($250 w/ preorder discount) -- if FoC Metroplex has a US RRP of $125, then it's possible that the AU RRP may be as expensive as $250, throwing it within the price range of Fortress Maximus. That's not necessarily a bad thing so long as the toy can match Fort Max's play value... but I wouldn't bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I notice that the city mode looks nothing like FOC Metroplex. I wonder if this is a FIOC or Gens specific version?
    Yeah, my guess would be to make the toy look a bit more G1, and also more fun as a play set. FoC Metroplex's city mode is honestly rather dull from a toy play perspective IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Transformers First right there.
    Well... Transformers first for robot mode. We've had articulated pupils for Transformers in beast mode before (e.g. Guiledart, Triceradon etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'm also disappointed that all these FOC toys are coming out so long after the game, which will make them harder to sell - lines that don't have a cartoon, movie or game out don't do well. This could leave us with shelf-warming, making it less likely we see later waves, or this big one that's still six months away.
    Hasbro should have had the toys coming out in the 3-4 months before the game release while all the hype was out there and the promotion of the game, so that these sort of bigger ones (Metroplex and triple-changers) were out soon after the game, and then sold out by Christmas.
    Or better yet, just design the toys first and have animators, game designers etc. build models on it after the designs are made. :/

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Pricing is likely to be close to $200 here, which is cheaper than Fort Max reissue (which has a more complicated transformation into city mode than this), so I think this one will be compared to that when it comes out.
    I hope it'll be $200! That's a price I can accept... much above that is gonna make me either wait until it gets cheaper, or I'll buy it at full RRP and regret it lots later.

Having a simpler transformation than Fortress Maximus is... not good. Cos Fort Max already has a pret-ty darn simple transformation as it is! For anyone who may not have played with a G1 Fort Max IRL before, the toy basically lies down to transform!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    metrotitan would be an awesome idea for a repaint

I agree that Hasbro tend to make terrible large Transformer toys, though some of there other lines have good large toys. Packaging wise this toy looks a bit like Hasbro's huge Star Wars toys, which I hear were very popular and well made (for Hasbro). So maybe Hasbro has learned what sort of features fans and kids want in a super expensive toy.

Or maybe it's another one to add to the pile with ROF Devestator.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink90210 View Post
    I find it really interesting that a "fashionable and functional helmet" is one of the highlighted features. Definate buy for me but does anyone else think it'll shelf-warm by virtue of its price?
    heheh that caught my attention too, .... what?, it can be used as a beanie but quite acceptable in the runway with an understated cardigan plus you can fry an egg in it.. heheheh
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

just saw the updated pics on tfw2005 for the actual toy...my god looks amazing! Yes for me

Although I agree with Griffin, the alt modes are a little underwhelming...but who displays them like that anyways?