Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Fansproject Intimidator and Motor Master Revealed

These are very old prototypes too, particularly the truck pic - it looks like a sculpted prototype. Partly a shame that it was revealed in this unfinished form, but also serves FP right for being so light-on with the info. I hate their style of 'promotion'. MT Giant pics were available from day 1, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I think it looks great given the limitations of the original design. If they had made the car guys true legs, it would have looked awful and limited as well as potentially departing from the 'G1' look.

Motormaster's size is something also inherited from the original G1 design. You can't have him to scale with the limbs and expect a proportionate combined mode.

I am pretty sure this is the best that can be done (and a hell of a good job they did) given the very limited nature of the original G1 design.
    You're right. I'm thinking this may be the only way we could hope for an in-scale Protectobots/Defensor - perhaps if Hotspot loaned some of his size to the leg that an in-scale Groove attaches to, it may just work...

DROoL...... Must have Menasor........

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

lol, I got it from google. Here it is:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1278710244.jpg
    Who is that supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    Who is that supposed to be?
    A PCC combiner made to tribute Menasor.

I think it looks great given the limitations of the original design. If they had made the car guys true legs, it would have looked awful and limited as well as potentially departing from the 'G1' look.

Motormaster's size is something also inherited from the original G1 design. You can't have him to scale with the limbs and expect a proportionate combined mode.

I am pretty sure this is the best that can be done (and a hell of a good job they did) given the very limited nature of the original G1 design.
    Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    DROoL...... Must have Menasor........
    Exactly my feelings boys.

Bare in mind peoples; these are the photos that were shown to a 'select few' at TFcon last year, so it is entirely possible that the molds might actually differ partially or significantly from what we're seeing of these 'leaked' photos - Which might actually explain why FansProject has been so silent since the release of this pic (& initial Preorders):

Interestingly enough, apparently FP has been developing their Not-Stunticons since prior to the release of Don Figueroa's interpretation:

According to TFW2005's Venksta.

FP's Menasor looks nice. I just wish breakdown and wildrider *were turned the other way.
    Last edited by kaiden; 1st March 2013 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    FP's Menasor looks nice. I just wish breakdown and wildrider well turned the other way.
    Who knows, the design may allow them to be turned around.

If the cars on the legs were the other way around then the articulation might be significantly reduced, personally I think it's more interesting having them on the front, even if it is not G1 accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    If the cars on the legs were the other way around then the articulation might be significantly reduced, personally I think it's more interesting having them on the front, even if it is not G1 accurate.
    I agree that I prefer them on the front for aesthetic and articulation reasons. Even with the G1 toy, it does look awkward when you look at Menasor's legs and you can see that the'would be' knee is obstructed from the back.

IMO, the designers of the G1 toy wanted the cars at the front but due to choices made in the art and character models, the 'backward' legs became the established norm.

However if the option is there to have the cars mounted on the back of the legs then it is still good as it is an option even with the resulting drawbacks.