Page 1 of 28 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: Fansproject Intimidator and Motor Master Revealed

Default Fansproject Intimidator and Motor Master Revealed

We now have our first looks at Fansproject's upcoming "Intimidator" figure! These pictures show these unofficial Stunticon figures in their combined mode and all five in vehicle mode. No pictures yet of their unofficial Motor Master in robot mode just yet. These pics were 'leaked' on a tfw2005 members photobucket.

Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

It's very G1esque. The truck mode I must say I'm a little disappointed with. The trailer looks like it is 2 sections (while i don't have a problem with that, they look slightly diferent sizes) and the prime mover is molded to the trailer, which kinda sucks.

Menasor looks good though. But atm that's the best I can come up with... good. I think that holding back the reveal of the combined mode and general lack of information has actually done FansProject a disservice in the hype regard. People have just gotten over it and were becoming disgruntled, which in turn skews your view of the figure. This is the first I've seen it but if you look on TFW I bet there will be quite a few 'meh' posts, when it actually appears to be a great toy, it's just been poorly handled in the PR respect.

Wouldtype more but gotta go to a meeting!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I love the four cars but I don't know if I'm as sold on MotorMaster and Menasor. The combined mode is okay, good and bad points with it. I just hope MM is good by himself as I'm more than happy to have them in individual bot mode.

I could forgive an ordinary or even bad Motormaster if Menasor turned out nicely. I quite like how it looks so far though I'm sure there will be people who don't like the "shin guard" use of the lower components.

Is there any indication of how big Not-Motor Master is compared to MP-10 Convoy?

The cutting mat suggests he is about 30cm long...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Motormaster looks a little small compared to the car limbs. I think even the truck mode can be scaled up a bit.

Interesting, the truck form is not great, however it's appropriate given the limitation of the toy it was based on, after all if Motormaster were scaled accurately he wouldn't need his team mates for form a giant robot. It will be interesting to see what his bot mode is like.

I'm liking the look of the combined form. Motormaster appears to do all the heavy lifting for the legs which look like blocks with cars slapped on them, which I kinda like as that's how he was depicted in the comic and toon, albeit with the cars on the back of his leg.

Disappointing. Those 2 cars on his legs don't even transform by the looks of it. Just turn their rear ends up and attach to legs.

I think it looks great given the limitations of the original design. If they had made the car guys true legs, it would have looked awful and limited as well as potentially departing from the 'G1' look.

Motormaster's size is something also inherited from the original G1 design. You can't have him to scale with the limbs and expect a proportionate combined mode.

I am pretty sure this is the best that can be done (and a hell of a good job they did) given the very limited nature of the original G1 design.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I think it looks great given the limitations of the original design. If they had made the car guys true legs, it would have looked awful and limited as well as potentially departing from the 'G1' look.

Motormaster's size is something also inherited from the original G1 design. You can't have him to scale with the limbs and expect a proportionate combined mode.

I am pretty sure this is the best that can be done (and a hell of a good job they did) given the very limited nature of the original G1 design.
    agreed, otherwise we can get something that resembles RoTF Devastator