Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: How do you maintain your perfect physical specimen so they keep drooling over you? ;)

I did try Yoga and it kinda hurt, I have a really bad attention span so things like Tai Chi I could never grasp.
    My doctor Suggested Pilates buts a bit expensive for me but I do swim alot in the summer since I live close to the Beach.
    I'm kind of scared to trying new things as one false move leaves me in alot of pain.
    As for soft drinks god knows I've tried but I always seem go back. I never bother with diet drinks as they pretty much just as bad for you plus they leave a dry taste in my mouth for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by hotaru_oz
    I have a really bad attention span so things like Tai Chi I could never grasp.
    There's research that indicates that physical activities can assist with improving attention span, particularly activities which develop left-right coordination which Tai Chi would do (amongst other sports). Some people us it as a way of assisting kids with ADD and ADHD.

Some articles:
    Exercise and ADHD Symptoms
    ADD and Exercise
    Exercise for People with a Short Attention Span
    ADHD, Exercise and Michael Phelps

Btw I'm not for a moment suggesting that you have ADD or ADHD, many people have attention problems even w/o ADD/ADHD.

I went for a jog over the weekend. Yay me. Now looking at gym membership prices at places around my work so I can go at lunchtimes/after work and hopefully with some good fitness class timetables (need to get back into doing step, spin and/or tae bo classes I used to do regularly).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    There's research that indicates that physical activities can assist with improving attention span, particularly activities which develop left-right coordination which Tai Chi would do (amongst other sports). Some people us it as a way of assisting kids with ADD and ADHD.

Some articles:
    Exercise and ADHD Symptoms
    ADD and Exercise
    Exercise for People with a Short Attention Span
    ADHD, Exercise and Michael Phelps

Btw I'm not for a moment suggesting that you have ADD or ADHD, many people have attention problems even w/o ADD/ADHD.
    LOL I wouldn't be surprised if I had it as I can never really concentrate unless it's anything to with working on my art.
    I had a mental evaluation and the shrink is certain I may have a couple of learning disabilities but I have yet to be fully diagnosed.

Today's exercise was sewing, lots of sewing. It's very exhausting after 5 or so hours then again anything is after that long lol.

I've joined up at the gym in my office building today, with the intention of going there every day since I can work that into my working day.

In my own experience the best way to lose weight is to have some sort of illness and stay in the hospital on the drip only with no food for 2 weeks. I'm fat again now though and wish I can go back to 2003...

cancer is great for that.

I've also (re)joined a gym, in a few months I'll need a name change to Buffman Sexy.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I'll need a name change to Buffman Sexy.
    LMAO

PB, I agree with the others, Cardio is the best way to lose weight. Lightweights at high reps are good for toning. If u have any questions, we can talk aboiut it over the lunch meet this week.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

aha, I think I can help with this one. I used to bodybuild and put on 60lbs. I looked disgusting with that 'thick' blocky look. Thank god I lost it through diet.

It's good to exercise, but what counts is caloric reduction that's all. Do not however go to really low calories eg less than 1000.

I put that mass on by eating heaps of food, I think I was consuming 5000-6000kcal (which was very hard) daily to keep my weight at 180lbs. I have since come off that diet and switched back to a lower calorie diet, somewhere around 2000-2500 kcal. I am now 130lbs.

If you have been on the overweight side but dont eat much (what this means is your caloric intake is lower than 2500kcal) I suggest weight training with moderate weights to boost metabolism. Don't consume more or less calories though or you'll gain weight.