Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you maintain your perfect physical specimen so they keep drooling over you? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Gutsman Heavy: three words: low impact exercise. e.g.: Tai Chi, Pilates, Yoga, aquarobics etc.
    I hope my partner don't see that, she'll explode with happiness! not the kind I like!

I enjoy Tai Chi from a martial arts POV. Not all forms of Tai Chi are combative though.

STL: be careful with eating all that junk - even if you look fit on the outside you may be carrying internal cholestrol. A friend of mine was in that situation; externally looked fit as a fiddle but doctor told him that he was carrying so much internal cholestrol that he was a step away from a heart attack and put him on a strict diet and he took up ice hockey to loose it. Externally he doesn't look any different but apparently blood tests have shown that he's reduced his cholestrol.
    Oh crap, maybe I should go get checked out. I've never really thought about it that way but I guess I should've. I guess it can be deceptive cos I feel like a million bucks some days after I do 2-4 km runs followed by some short sprints but what's insides also important.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

There's a TV ad campaign showing people of different builds saying that any of those people could have high cholestrol - basically saying that you don't have to look fat in order to have high cholestrol. I think it depends on our genetic make up. Some people (like me) easily carry our fat on the outside. I gain weight just looking at junk food. Other people (like my aforementioned friend) carry their fat on the inside so they never look fat on the outside but they're fat on the inside. It's great that you have an active lifestyle and play sports - keep it up... but yeah, don't forget that eating and drinking healthy is also important.

It just goes to show that things can often be... More Than Meets The Eye!(TM)

I run every morning then i go to the Gym 4 - 5 times a week.
    Then i also run at home with my dog.
    Plus i take several body building supplements.

Oh yeah i'm in the Army :P

I gotta ask dude - does your army training come in handy when you play 1st person shooters (e.g.: Counterstrike, Halo etc) or when you play Laser Tag or paintball skirmish? The problem with playing 1st person shooter LANs is the lack of cohesive teamwork. Everyone's trying to be a hero. It's funny when you sometimes go to a net café and you happen to be lucky enough to join a team where every decides to work as a team and you end up royally pwning your opposition, or when the other team has better teamwork and they end up completely thrashing your side. It happens very rarely though. Most players are too busy trying to be heroes - the idea of tactical strategy just flies out the window. (-_-)

Ten years of junk food, a desk job, and no exercise hath taken its toll. Ironically, a recent diabetes diagnosis has forced me to lose weight and take up exercise, although I've seriously slacked off on the high-impact stuff and now just do Tai Chi, Pilates and yoga once a week. I do have a weekly appointment with the local uni badminton club but I haven't been for a couple of months - two or three hours of jumping around really does make you aware of every single excess kilo you're carrying. Ouch.

I should force myself to go back to swimming as well. It's cheap and the half-shaded pool area means I get tanned without my usual lobster impersonations.

To be honest, though, I don't know if even the previously mentioned holy grail of 'fit, rich, intelligent' would work for those of us not overly graced in the social skills department. Buff rich Casanova still beats out buff rich geek.

Maybe everyone could get hardbodied, win Lotto, and wear muscle shirts to BotCon that said "Single, rich, clueless"

I gotta ask dude - does your army training come in handy when you play 1st person shooters (e.g.: Counterstrike, Halo etc) or when you play Laser Tag or paintball skirmish? The problem with playing 1st person shooter LANs is the lack of cohesive teamwork. Everyone's trying to be a hero. It's funny when you sometimes go to a net café and you happen to be lucky enough to join a team where every decides to work as a team and you end up royally pwning your opposition, or when the other team has better teamwork and they end up completely thrashing your side. It happens very rarely though. Most players are too busy trying to be heroes - the idea of tactical strategy just flies out the window. (-_-)
    Dude it actually works against me.
    If i play like i fight then i loose, so i ahve to completley forget about my training

Heh, yeah - I find Eye Toy Boxing and Wii Sports are like that too.

Geminii: which style of Tai Chi do you do?

Hmm, not entirely sure. The website doesn't state which style they teach in, and if the teachers mentioned it, I wasn't paying attention. There are some ads around the place that say it's modified Yang style, though.