Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you maintain your perfect physical specimen so they keep drooling over you? ;)

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm now in the exercise club, and get paid for it.

My new job involves me being on my feet the entire time and walking. And walking, and walking, and some more walking. 8 hours a day, ~40+ hours a week of it. And yes, my feet are murdering me.

So I've gone from bugger all to most likely the most exercise out of anyone else here.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Scored 12.8 on the beep test!!! f--- yeah! I couldn't believe it since hte last time I did one was pre-season post year 12 in my first years in the amos.

Followed it up w/ 300 jog and 200 sprints for 30 minutes not to mention the drills we had afterwards.

Very surprised too that despite me putting on 7 kilos a few months ago and keeping that, I'm still as fit as a whistle. I'm 177cm but 88kg so I'm a bit unhappy at the moment about my weight but my fitness is really good. Is that possible???
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Refueling this thought-dead thread with some nucleon.

I'd like to be fitter, but mostly thinner. I'd like to lose 10-20 kilos by the end of the year. Anyone know a good city/chain gym they recommend? A good exercise plan to follow? Trainer? Anything to recommend like that?

(And yes I know that being thinner/fitter wont necessarily get anyone 'drooling' over me but it might help my confidence which could help me meet someone.)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

I'd like to be fitter, but mostly thinner. I'd like to lose 10-20 kilos by the end of the year. Anyone know a good city/chain gym they recommend? A good exercise plan to follow? Trainer? Anything to recommend like that?

(And yes I know that being thinner/fitter wont necessarily get anyone 'drooling' over me but it might help my confidence which could help me meet someone.)
    Just running around the block every day will make you loose weight fairly quickly and less hassle than going to a gym.

Karate 2-3 times a week
    Weight training Mon/Wed/Fri mornings before work
    I ride one of my bikes as much as possible (ie to work, to shops, around town) instead of car/motorbike -- or if whether doesnt permit I do 30min sessions with bike on wind trainer Tue/Thurs morning before work
    Conditioning training (see link below)
    walk the dog
    eat well.

I do not have gym membership. (Dont need it!)

If you need ideas and such check this guys website:
    http://www.rosstraining.com/nevergymless.html

Buying a few weights and training aids (or even making your own!) is much cheaper than gym membership.
    You can then exercise whenever you want without leaving home, which severly cuts down the hassle factor (sharing equip etc) and (travel) time involved.
    All you need is a little space at home.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

I lost 20 kilos by going to a gym in a about 2 months, about 4-5 times a week for approx 1-2 hours. Lots of running, biking, sit ups & push ups and some weights. I also jogged to the gym which acted as the warm up. Going with a friend who was training for the army helped a lot.

Don't go back to being a lazy bugger when your done or you'll just put the weight back on, like I did

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Don't go back to being a lazy bugger when your done or you'll just put the weight back on, like I did
    Funnily enough, I have been a lazy bugger and have been stuffing myself and I have seemed to have lost weight.....
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Funnily enough, I have been a lazy bugger and have been stuffing myself and I have seemed to have lost weight.....
    Oh to be fast and free and young! I want to count myself among the fortunate ones.

Back in high school(96) i used to play basketball at a state level, before tearing my ankle ligaments about a week before NSW try-outs. Then after leaving school i went on the dole for a year and surfed up to 3 times a day, 7 days a week. I was pretty fit back then but after having 2 kids (actually my wife had them, i just watched) and having a malignant melanoma removed from my back (always wear sunscreen at the beach), i had less time for anything and put on weight.

Then i got a job with Sydney Water reading water meters all day. I lost about 15kg just from walking on the job. And this was while eating Maccas twice a day, for breakfast and lunch. But i was walking anywhere from 20-30km a day at a fast pace. As long as you exercise and keep you heart rate up for at least 30-60 mins a day, you'll speed up your metabolism and start losing weight.

Who needs looks anyway when you have wit and a sense of humour to make the girls giddy and tingly?

the best weight loss is heroin and hard liquor.

but srsly i ve been walking my dog heaps lately, its good =]
    ~