Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you maintain your perfect physical specimen so they keep drooling over you? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by shokwave2 View Post
    after having 2 kids (actually my wife had them, i just watched)
    Some one else do all the fun parts then?
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Because I suffer from chronic back pain I rarely exercise however having grown up in the country and having no car I tend to walk everywhere, even when doing the grocery shopping for the fortnight. There are some days when I've some how pulled my back out and cannot leave my bed >.<
    I don't eat out much because I'm on the dole and simply can't afford too but when I do it's usually a cheeseburger meal at maccas since it's cheap.

I weigh roughly 73 kilos and I wish to drop back to 60, I've tried dieting but for some reason I actually gained weight >.<. I'm trying this new tea from the chemist that helps increase your metabolism, so far I've dropped a kilo but for some reason it's making me eat more >.>

It doesn't probably help that I have an addiction to caffeine and sugar lol

55 kg, about 5'10 - partially naturally slender, partially not much appetite anyway and partially messed-up eating habits thanks to spending adolesence on dexamphetamines.

diet drinks will put the weight on
    i hate winter cant ride my back id like to do lots of things yoga palites martial arts no time or money

taru go through your day what did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon
    This is true. I used to drink that crap for years thinking otherwise. I only occasionally drink a coke zero if I need a caffeine hit (I hate coffee) - but otherwise yeah, I try to avoid soft drinks, diet or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon
    i hate winter cant ride my back id like to do lots of things yoga palites martial arts no time or money
    ...time is more of an issue for me over money. That's why I got an exercise bike because it reduces the time (and money) factor - you don't need to travel nor pay fees. Still, since having a baby even finding time to ride it regularly has become a challenge.

I do teach self-defence once a week for school sport though.

I do weights/gym 5 days a week ann monitor my diet according to what program and what I am trying to achieve. At the momey my program looks a bit like this:

Monday: Quads/Hamstrings
    Tuesday: Chest/Tri's
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Shoulders
    Friday: Back/Bi's
    Saturday:Calves/Abs

I've dropped cardio for the time being, trying to add some mass, get passed that magic 100kg number. Although I can't complain since when I started 4 years ago I weighed in at a whooping 73kg. I love the gym/bodybuilding lifestyle. I like the dedication and discipline it teaches you. I've been off sick the last week and its driving me nuts. Can't wait to get back in there on Monday for a big legs session!

I find it difficult to train by myself because I just find it so boring. That's why I have a TV with DVD player and X-Box in front of my exercise bike so I can watch DVDs or play games while pedalling away.

I'm trying this new tea from the chemist that helps increase your metabolism, so far I've dropped a kilo but for some reason it's making me eat more
    That means it's working then. You're body's burning your food quicker which makes you hungrier more often. Just cut down on the meal size a bit and your body will get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post

taru go through your day what did you do?
    it's not really a diet drink like those slim fast shakes, it's just herbal tea leaves that you drink without milk and sugar.
    I'm unemployed at the moment so my day is usually filled with house work and running errands.
    I only eat 2 meals a day one being breakfast and then tea (don't really bother with lunch) however I do tend to snack alot during the day which is just a cherry ripe or a piece of toast.
    My main problem is I drink alot of soft drinks, coke and Pepsi in particular, I think it has to with my medication making me drowsy but since I started the tea my cravings for coke have dwindled.

Quote Originally Posted by shokwave2 View Post
    That means it's working then. You're body's burning your food quicker which makes you hungrier more often. Just cut down on the meal size a bit and your body will get used to it.
    Cool, I don't eat as much fast food as I used to though, I don't crave it as much as I used too so it should all work out.

Quote Originally Posted by hotaru_oz
    Because I suffer from chronic back pain I rarely exercise
    Are you able to do low-impact exercises like Tai Chi, Pilates, Yoga, aquatics etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by hotaru_oz
    My main problem is I drink alot of soft drinks, coke and Pepsi in particular,
    I used to have this problem, but I've since majorly cut back. At first I switched to fresh fruit juice (typically 99% juice) and then weened off that. Now I usually drink tea, water and milk (skim and soy). I allow myself fruit juice and diet soft drinks on the odd occasion; but there was one stage when I would drink soft drinks ONLY. That was baaaaad.