I don't think physical bulk matters too much. They certainly do help but they're not the be all, end all. A friendly, approachable demeanour will work wonders. A lot of money would also help but most of us don't have that in bucketloads.

With me, i'm fairly fit b/c I played sport from a young age and probably the right group of sports. I swam, played AFL, ran cross country, and cricket in my youth. That helped my body settle down into the right proportions which have been w/ me for most of my life so far.

Most days, (as the Melb. guys will attest) I'm a fast food junky. My room/car is always packed w/ sweets and chips. However, I generally don't look it b/c I'm still training pretty hard and do have a definite set of meals that are always healthy. I always have a glass of milk a day as well as an apple or two (even if I've already eaten 7 boxes of Gobstoppers - and that actually does happen! ) .

On top of playing footy I go to the gym about 3 to 4 times a week. I do weight training on 2-3 nights and ab work on 1 night. So it's not all about watching what you eat. My philosophy is "don't be left wondering". I'm not full on a athlete and as much as I enjoy having a decent figure, it's really secondary to other things.

I see working out more as a relaxation thing too. Just me, my iPod, weights and exercises. It's not a requirement that I be a perfect physical specimen. I just enjoy the "me" time I get where I don't have to think about too much else and all the other shite that's going on)

Oh, and I also don't brush my teeth. Mostly cos I'm up so late but dental hygience is starting to concern me even tho my dentist the other day told me I only needed one filling (i was expecting more given how much sh*t I eat).