Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Bluestreak & Prowl fully revealed

So... should I pre-order these suckers now or wait for Hasbro versions? Cos on one hand I don't want to get the TakTOM versions and then later find out Hasbro's releasing 'em at a much cheaper price like what happened to Soundwave... but then on the other hand, I've heard rumours that Hasbro don't have the licensing for these vehicles so they may not be able to release these MPs at all. Hmm... I'm erring on the side of TakTOM. Especially if I can get a good preorder discount (e.g. I ended up saving a LOT of money by pre-ordering MP Soundwave and the Cassettes -- I paid $45 more than the Hasbro RRP whereas I would have paid $200 more if I'd paid regular TakTOM RRP).

P.S.: Just checked Amazon Japan... no search results found...

No Japanese online retailers I know of have put up pre-orders yet.

I wouldn't count on a Hasbro release for there guys...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I think you have that round the wrong way Griff,

Takara = cartoon
    Hasbro = Toy.
    Ooops...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    No Japanese online retailers I know of have put up pre-orders yet.
    Yeah I'm waiting for them too ; Seeing these photos have really made me reconsider my previous stance , I'm not really a fan of Prowl & Co (That's not to say I dislike them though ) but these just look like excellent toys and who could turn down a Transforming Datto?

I like. But i don't feel i want to pay the price bbts is charging. Might look elsewhere. But i definitely want these 3.

Try Robot kingdom - $59.99 each but another $20 postage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Try Robot kingdom - $59.99 each but another $20 postage.
    Still cheaper than bbts. I think they are 79 before postage.

I guess BBTS are looking to cover their own freight costs (even though they'll bulk order) with that as a start price. I started ordering items from RK as I figure they're manufactured in Asia, why buy an item that's already been shipped from Asia to the US then back to Oz? Might as well just ship from Asia to Oz.

As soon as I had in hand my Sideswipe and Red Alert I knew these 3 could only be made with the same quality of engineering.

As amazing Soundwave is, I've found that I prefer to play more with Sideswipe & Red Alert, & it will be the same the 3 Datsuns.

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

These are looking pretty good. I've never really been a fan of Autobot cars but I was incredibly impressed at the engineering when I finally caved and picked up MP-12. Even with the figure in hand it's hard to believe they somehow managed to cram the entire robot inside the car. Looks like the elbows are double jointed and the ankles have a reasonable range of tilt too, which were the main issues I had with MP-12.

Looking at Prowl in Robot mode, it looks like they've changed his hand mould slightly from MP-12/14. Prowl's index finger looks like it sticks out a fraction now, like it's resting on a trigger. The fingers still look like they're moulded as a single non-articulated block but if this is the case it might help his hands look a bit more dynamic.