View Poll Results: Are these considered as Classics or NOT!?!

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • MP Anime Colour Starscream IS, not MP Prime and Reissue Soundwave

0 0%
  • MP 20th Anniversary Prime IS, not MP Starscream and Reissue Soundwave

0 0%
  • Reissue (Hasbro) Soundwave IS, not MP Starscream and Prime

1 3.03%
  • MP Starscream and Prime ARE, not Reissue Soundwave

0 0%
  • MP Starscream and Reissue Soundwave ARE, not MP Prime

1 3.03%
  • MP Prime and Reissue Soundwave ARE, not MP Starscream

1 3.03%
  • MP Starscream, MP Prime and Reissue Soundwave ARE

5 15.15%
  • I disagree! None of them ARE

25 75.76%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are they considered Classics or NOT!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    ahhhh don't desecrate that mold!
    Agreed, that bike would make a horrible wheelie.

I think Burn meant that he didn't want to see the Ransack mould (which is a pretty good Scout) defiled by being made into Wheelie. Although as you can see from those pics I posted, IDW used the unofficial "Classics Wheelie" mould (it's fan made) in Spotlight: Wheelie. IDW did actually make Wheelie into a decent character by falling back onto Wheelie's original G1 tech specs description of having him as a survivalist rather than just this cartoony kiddie character. I definitely recommend reading Spotlight: Wheelie.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I think Burn meant that he didn't want to see the Ransack mould (which is a pretty good Scout) defiled by being made into Wheelie.
    Damn straight! I'm no Wheelie lover!

But I gotta agree with Gok, IDW did a good job of fleshing out his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Damn straight! I'm no Wheelie lover!
    Who said you were?

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Hmm,
    There's been plenty of Prime/Screamer/Bumblez/Soundwave etc. luvers over the years but has there been any Wheelie fanatics?

Surely that "Rhyming thing of his" must appeal to someone?

ba humbug

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't count any of those as Classics. Soundwave counts as G1 reissue and MP Starscream counts as Masterpiece.

Lemme put it this way, if like me, you have your G1s, Classics and Masterpieces displayed on separate shelves, which shelf would you put Soundwave and Starscream on? I used to have Hasbro reissue Soundwave - when I did, I displayed it on my 1984 Decepticon G1 shelf. I've since traded that toy off and now my Encore Soundwave is on that shelf. My Hasbro MP Starscream is displayed with my other Masterpieces. I have never displayed either Soundwave or Starscream on my Classics/Henkei shelf.
    LOL I'm not trying to recategorise the toys, just place them where I feel they look good!

I generally display Soundwave and Starscream in their packaging with my boxed collection of classics. TRU Soundwave is a little too different to his G1 counterpart to place him with my other G1 toys which are all well loved - there aren't many to put him with anyway! To me, Soundwave's colours, new front door design, Laserbeak's wing art and (especially) the box art sit well in the classics lineup Edit: and there is no classics 1.0 Soundwave to compete with!

The lack of an official Masterpiece series in Australia/the west means that Starscream (in box) only matches well with the classics. He dominates most of the other toys and can't sanely participate in 'toy battles' but as a 1-off very similar in form and colour to the small Starscream, to the point of being a scaled up version, he makes sense to me as a 'crown jewel' in such a collection.

If I decide to expand my MP collection then I would possibly consider MP-03 first, for purity's sake. If I was cash laden I would go both just for fun _and_ have an MP Starscream with the classics For now I must be satisfied moving him occasionally, when I feel bored.
    Last edited by DigDug; 12th July 2008 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Who said you were?
    Getting in before someone does.

I have both Takara and Hasbro MP Starscreams and I display both of them on my Masterpiece shelf, not on my Classics shelf.

i wont display those MP (Classics) on my Classics shelves either but in my database, they belong to Classics Series