Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Discussion Thread

With the new game Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment coming out in July, I figured I should familiar myself with the universe first before playing it. I watched the first season of Sword Art Online, it got straight into story and I liked the idea. While it did slow down and became slightly boring in the middle it was fantastic when the first story arc ended and it carried the momentum throughout the second story arc. When they fought the floor boss and broke out of the virtual reality game in Episode 13/14, it hooked me and now I can't stop thinking about it!

Excited with the upcoming second season and I've even gotten the English translations of the light novel to read...
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Watching Queens Blade - not bad at all

I didn't realise/remember a topic like this existed.

I don't have the patience to wait for weekly episodes so instead, watch my TV in seasonal blocks. I'm catching up with last season's stuff, namely Psycho-Pass, Knights of Sidonia, Tokyo ESP and Tokyo Ghoul.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    I didn't realise/remember a topic like this existed.

I don't have the patience to wait for weekly episodes so instead, watch my TV in seasonal blocks. I'm catching up with last season's stuff, namely Psycho-Pass, Knights of Sidonia, Tokyo ESP and Tokyo Ghoul.
    I too have watched Psycho-Pass and quite enjoyed it. The latest anime I've watched is Steins;Gate... EVERYONE GET ON THIS! It is literally Back to the Future but in anime form.

i've been hanging out for the new Sword Art Online to finish up. Like CBratron, I don't have the patience to watch episodes week to week

Log Horizon is another I've been keeping an eye on. I didn't mind the first season, but it got too political toward the end I think.

I've been watching a few series on Madman's Animelab recently. "Devil Is a Partimer" and "Nanana's Secret Treasure." Devil is a Partimer was pretty good I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    I too have watched Psycho-Pass and quite enjoyed it. The latest anime I've watched is Steins;Gate... EVERYONE GET ON THIS! It is literally Back to the Future but in anime form.
    i totally agree both of these movie were great ... Steins gate start abit slow but it get good .... i just finish watching Last exile season 1 and 2(fam the silver wing ) Both epic great story!
    and one that surprised me much was Arpeggio of Blue Steel Ars_Nova.... i wasn't expecting much from it but it turn out amazing .
    The most disappointed one was Ghost in a shell Arise....the first Epi seem promising and then it went downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Watching Queens Blade - not bad at all
    the fan services in that one is over the top sometimes... same with high school of the dead.... great story and i enjoy the fan service but some scene just not appropriate

Taking advantage of the two weeks leave I have over the Christmas I went and watched Sword Art Online II (good thing it finished by the 20th too).

GGO arc (first 14 episodes) was good, if a bit too much reminiscing and talking dragging it out a bit. Trying to find out the identity of Death Gun kept it going although there were times where it was a slog. Too bad there weren't many good fights although the final face off against Death Gun was brief but sweet.

Calibur arc (three episodes) provided a nice change of pace and also cool that it goes back to the fantasy roots.

Mother's Rosario arc (last seven episodes) was so sad! The ending was emotional and it rivals the sadness with Sachi's story in the first season. The fight between Asuna and Zekken was the best fight scene in the whole season.

Fingers cross that we don't have to wait another two years for the third season.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Everyone has probably seen it, but Watamote is a must watch. At only 12 eps its an easy commitment!

Watching Eyeshield 21, its shonen jump sports trash but I couldn't say no to a NFL Anime. And Parasyte the Maxim is pretty good too.

Marathoning SAO II yesterday and today. Enjoying it so far. Waiting for Log Horizon 2 to finish so I can hit it as well

I recently watched an anime series called "Barakamon" which was really enjoyable. It seems to be one of those gems that flew way under the radar, and didn't really get any coverage or reviews. But I found it to be a really good series.