Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    GTO -as in great teacher O.?.. man didn't know that was live action as well.... have to sauce both of the film out and watch them.. I wonder how Rama would be like in live action....
    Yup, there was 2 live action movies for great teacher onizuka, both very enjoyable.

I've only seen the live action TV series of GTO. Didn't know there were moofies.
    Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    GTO -as in great teacher O.?.. man didn't know that was live action as well.... have to sauce both of the film out and watch them.. I wonder how Rama would be like in live action....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i32muy0pmSU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXFknKO6adU

The thing that looks weird to me, judging from these brief clips, is that each time a character is hit with water and transforms they're left bone dry! This is quite different from the manga/anime where the characters, as expected, absolutely saturated after transformation! It seems as if, in the live action, the magic somehow also automatically dries them (and their clothes) as soon as their hit by water! Which makes me wonder how any of the affected characters can bathe if their bodies are constantly repelling water molecules!

I love the dude that they've cast as Tendou Soun... he looks suitably perverted.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've only seen the live action TV series of GTO. Didn't know there were moofies.
    Actually your probably right there Gok, probably was a tv series oppose to movie, been a while since i've seen it.

Spontaneously thought about Samurai Deeper Kyo, which i really enjoyed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_Deeper_Kyo

Just waiting for Battle of Gods, the first DBZ movie in 17 years. Only just came out in Japanese cinemas. Might be a year or more before we see it released here... Bugger.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I'm seeking a raw of it, don't care if i can't understand it entirely, i'm mainly watching for the awesome fight sequences.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Just waiting for Battle of Gods, the first DBZ movie in 17 years. Only just came out in Japanese cinemas. Might be a year or more before we see it released here... Bugger.
    Could be at least two years, according to Funi. Fox get it optioned to them first, and then if they decide to pass on it, it'll be (assumedly) offered to Funimation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    Could be at least two years, according to Funi. Fox get it optioned to them first, and then if they decide to pass on it, it'll be (assumedly) offered to Funimation.
    Ha ha ha! And they wonder why people Pirate stuff all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Ha ha ha! And they wonder why people Pirate stuff all the time
    I don't.