Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Discussion Thread

I haven't had time this week... :/

Last night I finally watched Interstella 5555. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. I was so blown way by it.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    Did anyone go to this yet?...is it any good?..worth going?
    Also i just watched Evangelion 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo ....wtf was going on?
    I got the first two and they were great....loved the 2.0 ....but just watched 3.0 and didn't know what the hell going on... the subtitle pretty bad.. like the ending movies again!
    I went last week, it was cool, if you have the Groundwork of Evanglion books, or the completed works 1.0 or 2.0 then you wont see anything new, it was mostly all original drawings and sketches of scenes from the anime with a final product below each drawing. There was artwork from both 1.0 and 2.0 but none from 3.0. They had merch on sale but it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay expensive. like $40 for a drink bottle and $100 for a hoodie. It was great that Aus got something l like this, i just wish they did a screening of 3.0 even if it did leave a bad taste in my mouth....
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    I went last week, it was cool, if you have the Groundwork of Evanglion books, or the completed works 1.0 or 2.0 then you wont see anything new, it was mostly all original drawings and sketches of scenes from the anime with a final product below each drawing. There was artwork from both 1.0 and 2.0 but none from 3.0. They had merch on sale but it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay expensive. like $40 for a drink bottle and $100 for a hoodie. It was great that Aus got something l like this, i just wish they did a screening of 3.0 even if it did leave a bad taste in my mouth....
    $40 for a drink bottle!! ahahaha what the hell in it?.. i might try and drop by this week to check it out.... totally agree ... it great that aus getting things like this here...

$40 for a drink bottle!! ahahaha what the hell in it?.. i might try and drop by this week to check it out.... totally agree ... it great that aus getting things like this here...
    You don't wanna know whats in it...

I just started watching Shingeki no kyoujin. Very nice little (or big actually) anime. Although the first bunch of eps seem to take forever to get to the action. They successfully build suspense.

Did anyone go to this yet?...is it any good?..worth going?
    Also i just watched Evangelion 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo ....wtf was going on?
    I got the first two and they were great....loved the 2.0 ....but just watched 3.0 and didn't know what the hell going on... the subtitle pretty bad.. like the ending movies again!
    Big fan of Evangelion here I've got the first two rebuild DVD's but I don't plan on watching them until I've got all four DVD's. I want to watch the whole thing in one go or over a couple of nights.

I'm going to do my best to not learn too much about rebuild until I watch the whole thing... I've heard a couple of things about 3.0 but luckily no one's too sure what's going in it so I'm safe from spoilers... for now

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Tron View Post
    Big fan of Evangelion here I've got the first two rebuild DVD's but I don't plan on watching them until I've got all four DVD's. I want to watch the whole thing in one go or over a couple of nights.

I'm going to do my best to not learn too much about rebuild until I watch the whole thing... I've heard a couple of things about 3.0 but luckily no one's too sure what's going in it so I'm safe from spoilers... for now
    Man your patient ... don't think 4 going to be release until next year?....

Just finished watching Accel World ...it got annoying in someparts but overall i really enjoyed it ..the concept of the story was great..
    Also finished watching Guilty Crown ... that was just ok ...the thing that killed it was the main story line was stupid....

On another note ...TRON -uprising !!! Now that the best! one of my all time great series ...heard that they not going to continue it for next season ...

Also the new ninja turtle is quite up there ....love everything about it except the bad guys.... i was expected Bebop and Rocksteady to make an appearance but no... instead we get a fish with robot legs wtf!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Tron View Post
    Big fan of Evangelion here I've got the first two rebuild DVD's but I don't plan on watching them until I've got all four DVD's.
    Do that and your head will explode from complete and utter confusion
    ~

I just found out that this exists:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly1hQrGlaoU
    ^2012 remake of The Mysterious Cities of Gold!

The Mysterious Cities of Gold was originally a French produced and Japanese animated series, as well as Inspector Gadget and Ulysses 31. I haven't been able to find any of these series on DVD or BR in their original French language format w/ English subtitles. Anyone know if the 2012 Cities of Gold is available w/ English subs?

--------------------------------------------------------------
    *The original Inspector Gadget theme is the only song that I can sing in French.

I am sure that terry torrent will supply what you need. Or even check out amazon uk. Sbs might even bust out the goods. I really wanted to see asterix at the olympics and lo sbs did provide