Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Discussion Thread

Default Anime Discussion Thread

Did a quick search and could not find a topic based solely for anime, so decided to start a thread, if one already exist than please merge them admins.

Anyways this thread would be dedicated to the discussion of anime. Got an anime worth recommending to watch? Than post it here.

I recently bought the entire collection of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, just finished watching it today with the OVA's and The Sacred Star of Milos movie. I enjoyed it all but I find that this series which was based off the manga to be rather convuluted and less thought out than the original anime. I prefer the original anime more even though it's not based off the manga.

Some other anime's I would recommend to watch:

Code Geass
    Deathnote
    Monster
    Trigun
    Cowboy Bebop

No thread that I can see either so I'm going to post away!
    I'm a huge Otaku, I've seen so many series that I had to catalogue them lol, so let me have a think.

I would have to agree that FMA:B is a little convoluted but it's still a good watch, the pacing for the first quarter or so sucked but I think that's because compared to the original it's so compressed and you miss out on a lot of great character development.
    I can't decide which one I would suggest others to watch first, probably FMA:B then FMA, only because you get a deeper insight I feel watching them that way around.

From that list I've seen Deathnote, Trigun and Cowboy Bebop.
    Loved Deathnote, though really hated the anime ending, they screwed it up badly compared to the way the manga ends.
    The best way to watch that one I think is to either stop watching after the first arc, the show could be done at that point, or if one feels the need to keep watching to ignore the last two episodes and read the manga from that point.

I was rewatching Fullmetal Panic but I got distracted by TFPrime and started watching TFAnimated, but I'll go back to it after finishing S3 of TFA.

Some of my picks-
    Gundam Seed/Gundam Seed Destiny
    Tsubasa Chronicle
    Slayers
    Rurouni Kenshin

the list could go on lol but suffice to say I like mecha and fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    I was rewatching Fullmetal Panic but I got distracted by TFPrime and started watching TFAnimated, but I'll go back to it after finishing S3 of TFA.

Some of my picks-
    Gundam Seed/Gundam Seed Destiny
    Tsubasa Chronicle
    Slayers
    Rurouni Kenshin

the list could go on lol but suffice to say I like mecha and fantasy.
    I've seen Full Metal Panic (fumofu and the second raid as well) I did enjoy them both but never felt like it was an anime that is worth recommending to others. But i did like how Sousuke with anti-social tendency had to go through and learn all things related to emotion.

Rurouni Kenshin, hmm i don't know how to feel, i did watch all of it, but dislike the anime as an entirerity. But I loved the OVA, it felt grim, dark and had so much depht to it. I was hoping that the anime would be similiar. Some episodes were very close, when Kenshin would go into his battousai mode.

You mentioned that you enjoyed deathnote. I strongly recommend you give code geass a go than, it has the same 'chess like strategy battle of the minds' vibe going on and is a really well thought out anime.

I was considering giving evangelion a go but theres a few versions and I'm not certain where to start.

Yeah I've heard several people say to me to try CG, it's definitely on my watch list as it's two things I like, mecha and Studio CLAMP.

With Evangelion it is indeed tricky to say what to watch first, I watched the original when it came out and I was liking it up until it started turning weird.
    Supposedly it makes more sense if one watches the original movies but those didn't come out till a fair while after the series and by that time I was fairly put off.
    I'd suggest just watching the most recent reboot, I have heard it's the best of the Evangelions so far, but I personally won't be giving it another go any time soon.

Cool, noted down. Also a particular favorite of mine is GoldenBoy (6 episode mini series), its a bit crude but its funny and smart in its own way for being an old anime. Another one i forgot to mention earlier which got me into anime was GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka) loved it and i think I live my life very similiar to him.

Also how could i forget to mention DRAGONBALL Z my all time favorite anime, it might not have depth but will forever be my favorite action anime. Watched it back in the days on Cheese TV

kool i remember watching DBZ on cheese tv that was when the anime/cartoons on ten were presented by 2 talented guys , watched a few good things on that show but atm i cant remember it all sadly.

i havnt had much chances to watch anime so im still a bit noobish in terms of knowledge on whats out there.

my bro darkhyren has introduced me to anime like full metal panic and black lagoon i like them heeps i like mech and hot chicks with guns heh heh so they was good for each of those things currently watching TFA and prime with dh luvin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommahawk79 View Post
    kool i remember watching DBZ on cheese tv that was when the anime/cartoons on ten were presented by 2 talented guys , watched a few good things on that show but atm i cant remember it all sadly.

i havnt had much chances to watch anime so im still a bit noobish in terms of knowledge on whats out there.

my bro darkhyren has introduced me to anime like full metal panic and black lagoon i like them heeps i like mech and hot chicks with guns heh heh so they was good for each of those things currently watching TFA and prime with dh luvin it.
    Awesome, glad to hear other people with enjoyment to animes or just general otaku's beside myself. How is black lagoon? I've heard alot of praise towards it, but still don't know much about it.

I've heard that the Rurouni Kenshin live action movie is now out on DVD. I've yet to find it, although I haven't checked JB Hi Fi... they're more likely to stock this as a foreign film rather than generic dept stores like Kmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Awesome, glad to hear other people with enjoyment to animes or just general otaku's beside myself. How is black lagoon? I've heard alot of praise towards it, but still don't know much about it.

im loving it t ho havnt watched it all yet still its worth a look

Yeah Black Lagoon is pretty cool, I think the best way to describe it is Hollywood action movie meets anime, lots of gratuitous violence and explosions.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've heard that the Rurouni Kenshin live action movie is now out on DVD. I've yet to find it, although I haven't checked JB Hi Fi... they're more likely to stock this as a foreign film rather than generic dept stores like Kmart.
    A quick check of JB Hi Fi's online store shows that it is indeed in stock.
    I haven't heard much about it, is it any good, is it just a retelling of what the anime already went over or is it a new story?