Been thinking about doing something like this for a while, so here it goes! My own little collection is focused mainly on updates of the G1 roster, so naturally I go for Classics/Universe/Generations figures.

I also have an interest in photography, so I'm gonna combine this with my TF hobby for this thread, which is going to be primarily a reference for myself. It'll probably also be a place to record collected thoughts/musings, many of which would've have occurred over 6 years of collecting interest, as well as a lifetime of Transformers influence.

As for my reference for what is in G1, I consider TFwiki's G1 roster to be the standard, and will roughly try to follow the order presented there.

To start with, a little something special...

G1 roster of Classics/Universe Seekers

I've searched images on the 'net but haven't seen something quite like this.... a picture I've been wanting to take ever since the Classics Starscream came out way back in '06, and we all knew that some day the full set would be available. I was really happy when Thundercracker came out a couple years back... following him, it was then a patient search to get my hands on a Skywarp. Happily for Classics collectors, with the United sets now costing around $250 to get, an original set of these probably should go for well upwards of $300.

What is it about the Seekers that makes so many love them like crazy? So much so that the opposing view of frank indifference is almost a reaction to the devotion of others. Is it that they turn into some of the most exclusive vehicles on the planet (how many of us have sat in an F-15?)? Is it the look of a well executed plane robot (ok, not so much the G1 toys)? Is it the representation of the power of flight? Heck if I was a TF, I'd certainly turn into something that flies myself...

IMO, Thundercracker looks the best of this bunch... there's something about the paint they used with his color scheme that just really pops. Skywarp by rights should look coolest, but maybe the one I got has gone a little flat over the years, whereas TC is quite new. Of the coneheads, Dirge has my money.