Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDW Wondercon Hasbro panel

Cool IDW Wondercon Hasbro panel

Hi all, Crave Online has a nifty write-up about IDW's Hasbro comics - but the main stuff is here below:

TRANSFORMERS, suckers: Regeneration One continues by Simon Furman and Andrew Wildman. Picking up from the 80s Transformers series. Wildman will be leaving the book for a while, and Guido Guidi will take over with #93 – and that's really good. He's talented. Wildman will return for #100. Everything's cool with him, but he just got a very good other job.

Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters launches in May. Mairghread Scott with Mike Johnson, Augustin Padilla. The Dinobots from the first Prime series will push forward and in line with the TV series. The Dinobots have gone underground, trying to run a city. But they are Dinobots, so they are not good at that.

TF: More Than Meets The Eye! BEST EVER. The internet will be torn in half by #16. Not necessarily more characters being killed, but it made an intern cry. #17 starts "Remaining Light" that's been building since #1, will go through #22. Non-stop mindblowing event after mindblowing event.

TF: RID: Barber writes it. Devastator on a rampage with Megatron's return. The gestalt is mindless and crushing everything – Cybertron's only city of Iacon. Livio will bring the origin of Shockwave on RID, starting with #17, following up the amazing stuff Roberts did with the "Shadowplay" arc. Barber and Roberts worked closely together on Shockwave's stunning reveal and his secret history.

TF: Monstrosity, Chris Metzen, Flint Dille and Ramondelli, following up Autocracy, which was the origin of Optimus Prime. Monstrosity shows us why the war started, and Megatron fights a lot of monsters and has a terrible time in exile on Junkion. Digital-first. Print version coming afterwards – three chapters of digital per collection.

TF: Spotlight – James Roberts doing a Trailcutter issue and then Hoist ends the story with Matt Frank and Agustin Padilla art. They stand alone but are building towards something new.

Image of Cybertron fading out. "DARK CYBERTRON. THE PURPLE REIGN BEGINS." Shockwave is in control. THE BIGGEST EVENT IN TRANSFORMERS COMICS HISTORY. MOTHER-F-ING SHOCKWAVE.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Nice to see the professionalism shining through.

Some interesting tidbits thrown our way, glad Senior has gotten himself another job, and I am sure Guido will do some nice stuff with Regen.

The Shockwave stuff for RiD is unsurprising, but also great to have a confirmation, knew that he would be moving front a centre soon after Shadowplay. As for MtMtE, I really hope that they can keep rolling along without a drop in quality, after so much hype, it's bound to have a minislide at some point, hell the readers themselves probably need a break issues like #13 just to chill out a bit!

Couldnt care less about the prime comic, the last one with the Dinobots could have fitted in 1.5 to 2 issues, but was stretched out and makes little sense in the Exodus/Prime canon.

Monstrosity is fun, but I'll continue to view it as Paulbot theorised a while back: an alternate telling of Cybertrons history, with an acquired art style.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

yeah I'm similar there, the main two ongoings are the meat for me. I didn't mind the Prime: Dinobots comic - and with Monstrosity I hope Barber edits it closely enough not to be contradictory or step on Robert's toes.

Can't wait for more Shockwave stuff, and it's interesting to hear how Barber and Roberts work together on their stuff (such as Shockwave's origin reveal)

Guido will be great for the home straight of Regeneration One - I just hope he either teaches Bove how to colour, or colours the issues himself.

Default News regarding MTMTE - PLOT SPOILER ALERT!!!

If you don't wish to know, then don't read below

At the WonderCon 2013 IDW Transformers panel they showed images from upcoming comics later in the year. One of those images was:

***SPOILER ALERT - LAST WARNING!!!***

Rodimus and Ultra Magnus fighting the '1984 robots' than had pursued Skids early in the series. UM is sporting giant cannons built into his shoulder towers so looks like he survived and got a significant battle upgrade.

I suspected Magnus might live as Pipes death was so dramatic and Magnus' was hardly commented upon for the rest of the comic. So now I guess the question is: how does he survive?

Link to the source of the info? (unless you were there)

Covers dont always hold true to contents- One of the RID covers still has Megatron in his Ongoing/Stealth Bomber body even though he swapped in to his newer one.

Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    So now I guess the question is: how does he survive?
    I've read some interesting fan theories on how it might occur. Will post in the main MtMtE thread at some point so as to keep this more news orientated.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Yes, covers can be deceptive.