Thread: Buyer beware. KO Scorponok listed on Toymoda.com

Default Buyer beware. KO Scorponok listed on Toymoda.com

Listed for a July 2013 release, Toymoda.com has advertied a G1 KO Scorponok at $129.90

http://www.toymoda.com/goods.php?id=436

Interesting as I heard rumours of Takara doing to encore Scorponok.

I wonder what the quaility will be like for it.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Interesting as I heard rumours of Takara doing to encore Scorponok.

I wonder what the quaility will be like for it.
    All G1 KOs so far had less than good quality. The same can be said for Encore reissues unfortunately.

See I would have jumped all over this to preorder him, because I'd never in a million years think they'd Encore him. And then they Encored Fortress Maximus. WITH THE HEADMASTERS LOGO ON THE BOX.

I won't support a KO market now if there is more than just a slim fanboy's hope of reissuing them.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

They may have mistaken it for a KO?
    You never know...

I do hope we get Encore reissued though. It makes it that little bit more possible that we would also get a Black Zarak and if we are really lucky a Trypticon
    Last edited by kup; 8th April 2013 at 12:41 AM.

Well you can be sure it's hit the wide publicity now, as our Fanboy is raving on all about it and insulting people on seibertron.

The big city bots usually sell pretty well, since most of us as kids were lucky if we got one, and even if we did get one, it's nice to have a nice fresh new copy of them. They should have saved Fort Max for last though if they were planning on doing all of them.

Well, I totally stuffed up the timing in buying Fort Max as I paid a grand for him then 5 months later the encore was announced. But at least with Scorponok whom I also bought last year MIB for $500 I got in before the market was flooded with fakes

That's a good price for Scorpy mib. Good buy!

You shouldn't feel you've stuffed up though with Max. You had an extra five months of enjoyment, and shouldn't let that spoil it for you. As collectors we often pay a steep premium to get the toy early, but also have he fun of owning such a cool piece while others are jealous
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!