Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get MP Megatron shipped to Oz?

I suspect that the police decided to exercise discretion, considering that he was doing it to raise money for a children's hospital charity. Either way, it was just a silly thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I suspect that the police decided to exercise discretion, considering that he was doing it to raise money for a children's hospital charity. Either way, it was just a silly thing to do.
    i think it would've been a different story if there wasn't a train full of mobile cameras around.
    Afterall, charging a guy who's openly raising money for terminally ill children can't be good for public relations.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

But that's what today's society is like. Many years ago I bought water guns that looked so realistic and nobody even has an issue with them.
    Now is no to everything, and people calling it a nanny state.

Nothing much can be done, and looks like there won't be a mp-10 scaled megatron either. We be lucky with a galvatron IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Nothing much can be done, and looks like there won't be a mp-10 scaled megatron either. We be lucky with a galvatron IMO.
    Why? MPs are made for the Japanese market. Australian laws aren't going to affect TakaraTOMY's decision to release gunformers. But it may become an issue when people in Australia choose to bring the toy here, which leaves us with one of three options:
    + be living in a region where the toy is fully legal (as you do! These toys are fully legal in WA!)
    + acquire or maintain a permit if they are living in a region where the toy is prohibited (as I do).
    + petition their region's police ministry for a legal avenue to own the toy, if they are living in a region where the toy is still illegal (good luck ).

Since when does Deadpool raise money for charity?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Part of me thinks their marketing team may hold back as they can't get money from the western countries for such laws and thus they will focus on other mps first.

I guess time will tell

Remember that Hasbro and TakaraTOMY have a standing legal contract which forbids them from cross contaminating each other's market (preventing them from directly competing with each other). TakaraTOMY doesn't factor overseas markets into the equation when they develop their toys, they purely create them for their own domestic market, unless it's something that they're developing in tandem with Hasbro. But in the case of high end collectible lines like G1 reissues and Masterpiece, TakaraTOMY only looks at their own domestic market. Takara(TOMY) probably would never have bothered reissuing G1 Megatron several times and producing a Masterpiece Megatron toy if they were concerned about its saleability in Hasbro markets.

Yeah but it doesn't affect Asian countries overall as this is a toy gun to them, feels like some one hated megatron and put a lot of red tape.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Yeah but it doesn't affect Asian countries overall as this is a toy gun to them, feels like some one hated megatron and put a lot of red tape.
    That doesn't matter. The contract has nothing to do with the legality of toy guns. It's to do with preventing Hasbro and TakaraTOMY from competing with each other. Basically, the two companies agreed to cooperate with each other but under the stipulation that they do not 'cross contaminate' each other's markets with their products unless it's a collaborative effort or if they have the other party's consent. For example, the Unicron Trilogy franchise was a collaborative effort between Hasbro and TakaraTOMY. Toys like MP02 Ultra Magnus, MP04 Convoy Perfect Edition, MP Ghost Starscream, DotM Jetwing Optimus Prime, Encore Sky Lynx etc. were released here because Hasbro Australia acquired permission from TakaraTOMY to distribute those toys to local retailers. And Takara(TOMY) has released some Hasbro Transformers in Japanese stores too, and that would've been done with permission from Hasbro. But as far as both parties developing products for their respective markets, they are actually disallowed from factoring in each other's markets unless it's a bilateral project; which Masterpiece isn't -- we all know that MPs are Takara's babies, and Hasbro just opportunistically releases their versions of whatever Takara releases (ditto w/ G1 reissues).

Someone on Gumtree is selling a MISB
    MP megaton, I think it's a bit pricey .

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hampt...sed/1050506046